Organization: Volunteers Initiative Nepal (VIN)
Volunteers Initiative Nepal (VIN) is a non-governmental and non-profit community development volunteer organization (NGO). VIN aims to promote equality, economic well-being and basic human rights through enhanced educational programs and community training.
VIN adopts an integrated, participatory community development approach for the well-being of the marginalized and disadvantaged communities. It works with both local and international volunteers, implementing different projects and activities under six major programs: 1. Women’s Empowerment: 2. Public Health & Medical Care 3. Environment Conservation & Cultural Biodiversity; 4. Children’s Development 5. Youth Empowerment and 6. Disaster Risk & Reduction.
VIN is looking for fresh, dynamic and energetic interns to support the projects developed in Tarakeshwor and Okhaldhunga, northern district of Kathmandu province and eastern side of Nepal. Interns will be working under project staffs and conduct different activities. They will be involved in upcoming projects as well as assisting with current campaigns.
Interns will be closely working with the European Aid Volunteers under the guidance of the Project Officer and they will be reporting their activities to the supervisor. Stipend will be provided by the organization for travel, food and accommodation.
Position: Librarian & Children Activities Facilitator
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location : NaraTika CLC, Nishankhe, Okhaldhunga
Offered Salary : NRs. 30,000.00 Monthly
Education Level : Bachelor
Experience Required : Not Required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education / social sciences (masters preferred)
Expected Qualities / skills:
• Outstanding interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
• In-depths knowledge of library database systems
• Experience in working with children and young people
• Experience in facilitating activities
• Knowledge of fundraising events
Is responsible for cataloguing library resources, maintaining library records, managing budgets and planning book donations. Facilitates activities for children under the age of 8 years to engage them in literacy as well as creative expression through reading and writing. Is able to secure sustainable funds for the library by organising free and paid events in the local community for children.
Responsible to: Community Learning Centre Manager
Purpose of the role:
• Interact with the local community, including parents, young people and children to engage them in the library
• Promote access to the library by conducting promotional activities
• Establish a network together with the Community Learning Centre Manager and local partners, such as schools and after school clubs
• Facilitate activities for children under the age of 8 years to engage and inspire them for literacy, creative ways of learning
Responsibilities and detailed job descriptions:
• Collect and catalogue library resources including books and other publications
• Help people locate reference or leisure reading materials
• Maintain library records
• Facilitate training on how to use the library
• Perform regular audits of the information and inventory
• Check the quality of the books and re-order if necessary
• Manage budget, planning and any volunteer activities
• Oversee the check-out process for books and other resource materials
• Make sure the library meets the needs of the users
• Raise funds for the library by organising events and/ or membership system
• Organise regular activities for children under the age of 8 years (such as story telling time, inter school competitions, themed drawing sessions) to inspire them
Last date to apply: 8th February 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the role, please send your most updated CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com no later than 8th February 2020.
If you want to know more about our company please have a look on our website https://www.volunteersinitiativenepal.org/