Organization: Center for Dalit Women Nepal (CDWN)
Center for Dalit Women Nepal (CDWN) is a national NGO promoting gender-responsive, socially inclusive governance. We seek qualified candidates for the position of Grants and Finance Manager of a project to strengthen the capacity of elected women in Province 1.
Position: Grants and Finance Manager
Applicants must have:
• Three (3) years of experience in a similar position
• Master’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Business Administration, etc.
Responsibilities of Grants and Finance Manager include but not limited to:
• Responsible for overall financial management in full adherence with the organizational policies and donor compliance.
• Ensure the smooth operation of all matters related to the planning, management and monitoring of the project including procurement and contracting.
• Maintain the books of account up-to-date; prepare periodic and ad hoc financial reports as per need and format provided by donors for internal and external purposes.
• Prepare and carry out day-to-day financial transactions.
• Obtain and check all bills/invoices and other necessary supporting documents, including travel claims and advance settlements, before the payments.
• Ensure effective back-up arrangement; ensure timely completion of tasks and submission of outputs.
• Carry out the bank operations and control including deposits and issuing cheques for payments.
• Prepare bank reconciliation statements after obtaining bank statements and outstanding advance summary form every month.
• Assist in providing technical assistance to and monitoring of district offices in the area of financial management.
• Carry out all tasks related to VAT refunds, if any, and tax deposits and clearances of the project
• Handle the payroll system of district staffs
• Undertake annual closing of the accounts in ‘FAMAS’ or the agreed system.
• Develop & maintain effective office system (IT support, office maintenance, update fixed assets register, vender listing) ensuring these are consistent with CDWN operating requirements.
• Support in proposal preparation process including developing the budget.
• Assist the CDWN team with other duties as deemed necessary for the timely and successfully execution and implementation of the program and its activities.
Required Core Competencies, Qualifications & Experiences:
• Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
• Having at least 3 years relevant experience in the field of finance/accounting and admin in NGOs and other relevant organizations.
• Knowledge of current government’s tax policies.
• Fluent in English & Nepali languages both in written and spoken.
• Excellent in accounting software, especially FAMAS.
• Having good reporting, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good in Office Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and Email).
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural as well as with busy working environment, handling with pressure of works and meet the deadlines.
• Comply and exercise CDWN’s values and commitment.
Position is based in Kathmandu and will be responsible for overall financial management.
Last date to apply: August 21, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates meeting the criteria are requested to submit a CV and cover letter mentioning expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Grants and Finance Manager’ as the subject no later than August 21, 2019. Detailed ToR at: http://centerfordalitwomen.org.np/vacancies/
Competent woman candidates from marginalized and disadvantaged communities are highly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment process. CDWN reserves the right to accept or reject applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
Source: Kantipur Daily, August 15 2019