Organization: The Asia Foundation
The Asia Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to the development of a peaceful, prosperous, just, and open Asia-Pacific region. The Foundation supports programs in Asia that help improve governance, law, and civil society; women’s empowerment; economic reform and development; and international relations. Drawing on more than 50 years of experience in Asia, the Foundation collaborates with private and public partners to support leadership and institutional development, exchanges, and policy research.
Position: Finance & Grants Assistant
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location : Kathmandu, Nepal
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies, Business Administration or any relevant finance and accounting qualification.
• Work experience of minimum two years in similar international agencies or civil society organizations would be preferred. Experience in QuickBooks would be an added advantage.
• Excellent communication skills
• Creative thinking, willing to take initiatives
• Fully conversant with using the Microsoft Office suite of programs, particularly MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
• Strong interpersonal skills; an ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds
• Willingness to undertake duty travel to districts.
Unit: Finance & Grants Unit
Reports To: Finance Officer
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Finance Officer, the Finance & Grants Assistant is responsible for managing finance and grants related operations in the Nepal office. S/he assists the supervisor in planning and developing financial systems, policies, and procedures that are consistent with The Asia Foundation and donor guidelines and policies. S/he also provides technical assistance to grantees.
• Contact with all staff within the Foundation’s Kathmandu office
• Contact with grantees, contractors, TAF/SF, and donors
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage QuickBooks Accounting System, Cash Sheets and ensure timely uploading in the Local Processing Software
• Preparation of payment vouchers and checks for payments
• Analyze and manage cash flow. Ensure timely transfer of funds from TAF/SF
• Communicate with TAF/SF on funds request, banking, and payment issues
• Assist in Bank related work. Prepare Bank reconciliation statement and ensure timely reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
Take necessary steps to liquidate outstanding items in a timely manner
• Ensure proper filing of all documents
• Prepare tax reports and arrange transfer of funds to Nepal tax office. Monitor tax policy and guidelines and keep senior management up-to-date on tax issues. Ensure TAF adherence to tax laws
• Assist in reviewing project reports and donor financial reports
• Provide support to TAF grantees on TAF financial management reporting systems as outlined in the NGO Financial Manual
• Assist in reviewing letters of grants and contract, including requisite amendments, ensuring accuracy of financial figures and tax implications
• Verify Grantee Financial Reporting and Certification and ensure timely submission to TAF/SF. Resolve outstanding issues on financial reporting
• Review staff travel expenditure reports
• Assist in arranging audits or financial reviews, internal and external, of sub-grants requiring such actions. Follow-up on audit recommendations with grantees and concerned TAF program staff
• Support Finance and Grants team’s internal training and refresher for program team on TAF policies and procedures.
• Manage conflict and stress, remaining composed and working productive team member to support cross-unit cohesion
• Any other task assigned by senior management
Last date to apply: August 27, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are requested to read through the job description uploaded at http://18.104.22.168:8080 and email their CV along with a cover letter describing suitability for the position by August 27, 2019 to email@example.com referencing “Finance and Grants Assistant” in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Telephone calls will not be entertained.
The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and committed to building a diverse and inclusive office environment. Women and people from economically and socially excluded groups are encouraged to apply