Organization: Nepal Social Development and People Empowerment Center (NESPEC)
Nepal Social Development and People Empowerment Center (NESPEC) is a nongovernmental social organization conceived and sustained by volunteers. This organization has been established by people who have involved themselves completely in social service and are from different communities of Udayapur district. NESPEC has been working since B.S.2053 (1997) to empower the politically, socially, and economically depressed and oppressed members of our society.
NESPEC’s work gives a high priority to uniting and empowering right holders through social mobilization, skill development, promotion of suitable technologies, and building of social capital. NESPEC is not only part of nongovernmental and social movements, but also campaigns against all kinds of autocracy, exploitation, injustice, and oppression as well as acting as a lead organization for making a difference in the social sector based on its own values and norms. work gives a high priority to uniting and empowering right holders through social mobilization, skill development, promotion of suitable technologies, and building of social capital. NESPEC is not only part of nongovernmental and social movements, but also campaigns against all kinds of autocracy, exploitation, injustice, and oppression as well as acting as a lead organization for making a difference in the social sector based on its own values and norms.
We are looking for a dynamic, Visionary and Leadership qualitative candidates for project of Agriculture and Economic Development (A&ED) Project which will be carried out in partnership with World Vision for the following positions:
Position: Field Officer/ Mobilizer/ Supervisor (A&ED)
Require No: 1
Job Location: Udayapur District with frequent field visit
Duration: 9 months with possibility of extension
Field Mobilizers will be based in community and will work with a certain number (upto 15) of producers group in respective areas. With support from Market Coordinator, Field Supervisor will work with producer groups to build their capacity on five skills, support producers group to record their business to contribute the objective of increasing their incomes by assisting producers to meet buyer’s requirements and gain access to more lucrative and sustainable markets. Key duties includes; Facilitating SWOR analysis of producer group, Building capacity of producers on five skills, Support producer group on business records, Organize/facilitate producer group meeting, Produce monthly progress report of respective producers group. S/he will be also responsible to guide and mobilize savings group officer to ensure effective implementation and documentation of and of savings group interventions of the project.
• Support Market coordinator to form/reform producer groups in target area
• Conduct SWOR assessment of the producer’s groups
• Support (providing local information as required) Market Coordinator to conduct Participatory Value Chain Analysis with Producers
• Support producer groups to organize and facilitate producers group meeting
• Provide relevant information to Market Coordinator on local context on regular basis to feed into producer database compilation
• Meet producers groups regularly and keep the journal for each producer group
• Ensures producer/producer groups have kept upto date record of their business
• Collect information to produce monthly report on producer group progress
• Mobilize Savings Group Officer and track their progress on Savings Group interventions in respective areas
• Compile savings group information to feed into savings groups database
Academic Qualification and Experience:
• Agriculture & Veterinary JT/JTA in relevant discipline with at least 2 years experiences on Market Led/Value chain projects in similar capacity
Last date to apply: 14 October 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates, meeting the above requirements, are requested to submit their application including :
• A motivation letter including the possible starting date
• An updated CV with details of two references
• A passport size photographs
E-mail at: email@example.com clearly indicating the position in the subject line of application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Organization reserves all the rights to reject any or all application without assigning any reasons.