Organization: Nepal National Dalit Social Welfare Organization
NNDSWO (1982) is a network based organization having its district chapters in 74 districts in Nepal. NNDSWO envisions an equitable and prosperous society free from all forms of discrimination, exploitation and poverty where human rights, social justice and dignity of all are equally respected. Its Mission is to ‘eliminate caste-based discrimination and untouchability and empower people for dignified life’. Human rights, governance, education and livelihood are four core thematic programme areas of NNDSWO. Gender equality, conflict transformation, youth empowerment, and advocacy on inclusive DRR are major crosscutting themes. It has successfully managed projects on human rights, governance, education, adolescent empowerment, etc. in all regions of Nepal in partnership with a dozens of inter/national partners/donors.
Currently, we are seeking competent, committed and dynamic candidates for the following position:
Position: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – 1 (NNDSWO’s Central Office)
The Executive Director of NNDSWO is responsible for overall management function (both office and programme) of the organization. The Executive Director is a leader of management team and under supervision of National President. S/he is responsible for developing policy, plan, programmes, project and budgets of the organization. The Executive Director makes decisions regarding day-to-day administrative functions as well as implementation of the programme activities under the constitution, guidance of policy, directives, decisions of the executive board of the organization.
Planning and project cycle management
• Develop consolidated annual plan and budget of the organization in line with strategic plan of the organization.
• Ensure annual plan and budget of all project are timely developed and submitted to partners.
• Manage project cycle of all projects of organization and ensure proper design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
• Ensure projects are implemented in efficient, effective and economic manner.
• Ensure implementation, monitoring and donor reporting of the especially assigned projects.
Monitoring, evaluation and knowledge management:
• Provide leadership for M&E Unit, and develop result based M&E Frame work and plans for various projects.
• Manage baseline process, mid-term review, final evaluations and research works of the organization.
• Guide team members to documented lesson learned of different projects.
• Ensure reporting of all projects is done within deadline and standard quality.
Human resources management
• Manage staff recruitment and induction process of the organization.
• Carry out staff supervision and give guidance to all staff through mentoring and coaching.
• Carry out staff appraisal, needs assessment and prepare training programmes.
• Reporting to supervisor about progress and challenges of project and staffs every month.
• Ensure all policies and rules are being implemented and followed.
• Ensure that financial reporting is accurate and prepared in accordance to donor guidelines and in line with the organizations policies
• Ensure procurement planning and procedures of the organization is properly followed.
• Ensure all financial transactions of the organization is done in line with laws, organizational policies and donor compliances.
• Ensure auditing of the organization is carried out timely, and ensure adequate management response in audit findings.
Fund raising and proposal development
• Lead fund raising team and develop proposals for external fund raising.
• Develop proposal writing capacity of central, province and district team of the organization.
• Initiate innovative and creative concepts of fund raising from both local and international resources
• Make contacts with potential donors and popularize the work of NNDSWO to them.
Networking and coordination
• Represent NNDSWO in meetings with other organizations and donor agencies.
• Ensure good communication and coordination with donor agencies.
• Coordinate organization in consortium and civil society platforms and alliances,
• Devise strategies working with diverse stakeholders including government.
• Perform good role between boards and management.
• Support board in drafting policies, improving systems and developing procedures and guidelines of the organization.
• Improve in good governance practices and ensure transparency, accountability, inclusion, participation and gender issues.
• Ensure the organization continually learns from experience and adopts its strategies to suit the changing environment.
• Perform roles as outlined in the policies of the organizations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Competed Master’s degree in social science or management disciplines.
• Minimum of five years working experience in managerial position OR Three Years in Director position with progressive responsibilities.
• Previous experience in developing successful proposals for external donor fund raising is required.
• Proven experience of managing projects on diverse sectors especially in advocacy, human rights, governance, education and livelihood is essential.
• Experience in strategic planning, consolidated budgeting and policy drafting in NGO context is desired.
• Proven experience of managing project funded by bi-lateral and multi-lateral donor agencies including USAID, EU and DFID.
• Experience of working in a network based organizations is preferred.
• Experience of managing and leading the consortium based projects.
OTHER COMPETENCE REQUIRED
• Good understanding of socio-economic and political context of Nepal
• Good understanding of RBA, Advocacy, Dalit and women rights issues
• Knowledge on local laws and compliances
• LFA, M&E and reporting skills
• Planning and budgeting skills
• Research and data analysis skills
• Procurement management
• Communication and coordination skills
• Problem solving, personal management and time management.
• Presentation and facilitation skills.
• Good command on computer application including MS Excel.
• Fluency in Nepali and English both in written and spoken.
Last date to apply: 13 January 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are requested to send their updated CV and a motivation letter mentioning minimum salary expectation by 13 January 2019. Please send your application via e-mail to email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further test. Telephone enquiry will not be entertained.
Note: All process of decision (rejected and accepted) of rights will be reserve with the organiztion (NNDSWO).