Organization: Youth Innovation Lab
Youth Innovation Lab (YI-Lab) is a not-for-profit civic tech company that works at the intersection of emerging cutting-edge technological tools and their applications by equipping young professionals to solve emerging challenges in our community. YI-Lab’s mission statement is, ‘to engage young people to bridge science to people and policy through innovation’. YI-Lab harness indigenous knowledge, citizen science approach, develops low cost technological solutions, promotes open data, promote entrepreneurship, and conducts evidence based advocacy campaigns. At YI-Lab, we provide conducive environment for young people to co-create solutions for inclusive development. Additionally, YI-Lab also pioneer in the development of technologies mostly focus in disaster risk reduction, climate change and related disciplines.
Position: DRR Policy Researcher
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location : Kathmandu
Offered Salary : NRs. 50,000.00 – 60,000.00 Monthly
Education Level : Bachelor
Experience Required : More than or equals to 2 years
Building Information Platform Against Disaster (BIPAD) is an integrated and comprehensive Disaster Information Management System initiated by the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Home Affairs, National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Authority (NDRRMA). BIPAD is built upon the concept of creating a national portal embedded with independent platforms for National, Provincial, and Municipal Governments with a bottom-up approach of disaster data partnership. The data/information placed in the portal has the potential to enhance preparedness, disaster communication, response, and especially post-incident coordination. Youth Innovation Lab (YI-Lab), a non-profit civic tech company, has been providing technical assistance to the Government of Nepal since Feb 2019 in the financial support from DFID Nepal. More about BIPAD, https://bipad.gov.np/
YI-Lab is hiring ‘Program Associate (PA)’ for its upcoming project on BIPAD ‘Vision 2020 and Beyond’. Under the upcoming project, the PA will work together with the program manager of BIPAD under the supervision of the Executive Director. He/she will actively engage to support strengthen the research, planning, and delivery of the project. The position should engage in frequent interaction with associated project partners, donors, research institutions, and technical development teams and travels outside of Kathmandu valley.
• Graduate degree in any discipline preferably in DRR, developmental studies, sociology, natural resource management, environmental science or in related discipline
• At least two years of work experience in DRR research, documentation, communication or in related areas to outlined roles and responsibilities
Contract Terms: Full Time
Location/Duty Station: Kathmandu
Project Start Date: 15 May 2020
Reports to: Project Manager
• Lead the research work. Undertake the policy analysis and stakeholder’s engagement to effectively institutionalize and operationalize BIPAD; conduct desk research, literature reviews, document searches, and networking; monitor and document relevant national and regional policies related to DIMS.
• Prepare a research plan and ensure that plan is implemented and updated as needed.
• Research, learning, and knowledge is coordinated, systematically captures and disseminated to meet the project objectives.
• Coordinate with NDRRMA for inputs in the drafted reports, policy recommendation, and research work and ensure that all inputs are incorporated in the final documents.
• Provide expert support to NDRRMA in finalizing the content of policies to institutionalize and operationalize BIPAD.
• Support NDRRMA in setting up and operationalize NDRRMA.
• Contribute to other BIPAD related research and activities and reports as appropriate.
• Coordinate with the project team to disseminate plan and project deliverables on time.
• Coordinate with the project team to finalize the publications – research paper, working paper, and analytical reviews.
• Exploration and Field visit as per needed.
• Contribute with stakeholder’s engagement such as workshops and training.
• Reporting and Documentation.
Last date to apply: 29 April 2020
To know more details about the position or the project, please contact to email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the linked form and submit all required documents including your updated CV/Resume and cover letter. Your CV should not exceed two pages.