Organization: Aasaman Nepal
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) with the vision of happy and healthy children is currently working in 15 districts of Nepal, irrespective of geographical location. Dedicated to children’s education, health and rights, ASN works in various developmental themes; Health and nutrition, education, child protection, natural resource management, livelihood, and humanitarian response.
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 10 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
ASN is going to implement Safe Learning- Creating a Safer Learning Environment in Nepal Schools project partnering with World Education Nepal with the financial aid of DFID in Saptari, Siraha, Dhanusha, Mahottari, Sarlahi, Rautahat, Bara, Parsa districts in province-2 from June 2020 and currently looking for following experienced and dynamic team players for the aforementioned project.
Position: Safe School Officers
Number of Vacancies: 4
Saptari & Siraha-1
Sarlahi & Rautahat- 1
Bara & Parsa- 1
Key Responsibilities: Overall responsible for the planning and implementation of the Safe learning project interventions in the targeted districts.
• Administer overall programme effectiveness through coordination and implementation at the district level.
• Manage& facilitate training and workshop, supervise, monitoring and reporting.
• Liaise and coordinate with the line agencies and visitors to build rapport and smooth implementation of activities.
• Identify the major stakeholders of this programme (school).
• Coordinate with the district level stakeholders for smooth operation of project such as DEO, WDO, IVs, Teachers, Professional, Local Leaders and Social Activists, Mentors.
• Prepare monthly work plan and coordinate regularly with the Kathmandu office on the progress of the programme
• Maintain financial management of the programme budget for the district
• Ensure continuous supervision and monitoring of the tasks assigned to the community mobilizers
• Ensure inclusive participation of girls and boys also to be enrolled in class programme
• Proactively participate in project planning meetings and meetings with relevant stakeholders.
• Implementation, monitoring, follow-up, supervision and reporting related to the programme
• Be active representative and participate effectively during workshops/meetings and forums to promote and strengthen the interest of project activities on an ongoing basis.
• Prepare quarterly project progress report.
• Carry out any other activities as assigned by the Project Team.
• Fulfill other appropriate level responsibilities as defined by Project
Qualification and Experience Required:
• At least Bachelor degree in education or related field with at least 5 years of relevant working experience, particularly in program management and implementation
• Good communication, coordination and networking skills.
• An excellent computer skill on Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office Word
• Strong communication skills in Nepali and English
• Strong facilitation skills
Position: Social Mobilizer
Number of Vacancies: 25
• Responsible for the planning and implementation of the safe learning project interventions in the respected district.
• Mobilizer will coordinate with respective school, SMC, Child club, PTA, peace circle, Safe school focal teachers to implement the project interventions.
• Ensure the timely accomplishment of project activities.
• Collect and documents best practices on safe learning and reporting to supervisor.
• Carry out other assignment assigned by project team.
Qualification and Experience Required:
• At least intermediate /10+2 in education or related discipline with at least 2 years of experience in community development.
• Good communication and facilitation skill in community level.
• Ability to facilitate and manage meeting.
• Report writing in Nepali/ English
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
For all the posts, successful candidates will be appointed for one year with possibility of extension.
Age Limit: Candidates between 21 years to 45 years are only eligible to apply for the above post.
Selected candidates must adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s internal policies and procedures, protocols, Code of conduct with special attention to Child Protection Policies and Do No Harm approach including funding agency’s policies, guidelines and agreements.
Competent candidates from disadvantaged groups and inhabitants of the project districts will be given priority.
Last date to apply: 11st June 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are required to send their CV and cover letter indicating the post applied for with a recent photo to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days (within 11st June 2020) from the date of vacancy publication. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.