Website Nepal Policy Institute
Position: Engagement Manager
Main Functional Responsibilities
Leadership and Management:
1. Lead NPI’s technology and engagement function.
2. Develop, implement, monitor, report, and continually adapt/improve NPI’s engagement strategies, policies, and plans within the framework NPI’s mission and aims.
3. Design, develop, and establish necessary engagement (digital as well as non-digital) systems, infrastructure (hardware and software), and practice.
4. Manage relationships with outsourcing service providers, vendors, and partners.
5. Ensure data security, and all relevant regulatory compliance, for NPI.
6. Support the Executive Director and the Board in carrying out NPI’s work.
7. Strengthen engagement with NPI’s primary constituencies, including government offices and network members (both in Nepal and abroad).
8. Engage with other diverse constituencies of NPI for continual learning, development, and impact.
9. Develop and implement NPI’s mainstream media and social media strategies.
10. Design, develop, and produce/publish all engagement, communication, and influencing ‘products’ for NPI.
11. Ensure NPI’s outreach and engagement work, outcomes, and impact.
12. Support the Executive Director in raising funds and non-financial resources for NPI, and assist in related reporting and accountability.
13. Work with the Executive Director to set budgets, administrative systems, monitor spending, and process payroll and other expenses.
14. Plan, schedule, and promote NPI events, including meetings, conferences, interviews, and orientations.
15. Track progress of research projects towards organizational goals.
16. Lead all work related to maintaining NPI’s website.
17. Distribute payroll and employee and contractor reimbursement checks.
18. Assist Executive Director in preparing and maintaining contract requirements.
19. Code vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursement forms and transmit to Board of Directors.
Person Specification: Qualifications and competencies
Qualifications and competencies:
1. Higher education (at least a Bachelor’s Degree) in public policy, digital marketing, and/or communication, media, and management.
2. Two to three years of experience in customer relations or constituency development work.
3. Understanding and experience of national development issues, institutions, and political economy.
4. Strategic and adaptive leadership and management.
5. Abilities to work in/with multi-cultural team and context.
6. Good written, verbal, and digital communication and presentation skills in both Nepali and English.
7. Supervisory and mentoring skills so as to optimize the contributions of volunteers and interns that will be engaged with NPI work in Nepal.
8. High level of networking, representation, and relationship building skills.
9. High level of proficiency in IT, media, and communication softwares and technology.
10. Willingness to work off-hours as necessary, given that the NPI is a global organization and different staff members operate in different parts of the world.
11. Willingness to exhibit a proactive approach to getting things done, and focus on outcomes as opposed to processes.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a one-page cover letter detailing why you consider yourself to be the most qualified for the post to:
Executive Director (email: email@example.com)