Website World Vision International (WVI) Nepal
World Vision International Nepal, an International Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice in vulnerable situations, is looking for a leader to fill out the National Director (Country Director position.
World Vision International Nepal is a part of the World Vision International global partnership operating in more than 100 countries. WVI started its long-term development programme in Nepal since 2001 to contribute for well-being of children. At present, WVI Nepal has long-term development programmes in fourteen (14) districts across six provinces of Nepal.
National Director (Country Director)  based in Lalitpur, National Office
Purpose of the Position:
The National Director (ND) of World Vision International (WVI) Nepal has overall responsibility for the strategic leadership and operational effectiveness of World Vision’s programmes in Nepal. WVI Nepal’s 2021-2025 Country Strategy aims to deliver results for the well-being of children especially the most vulnerable ones, and focuses on integrated livelihoods & nutrition, inclusive & high-quality education, child protection & participation, humanitarian response, disaster resilience, strategic partnerships, gender equality and social inclusion.
The ND is expected to lead the office in pursuing these strategic goals, being an effective leader locally, a responsible member of the WVI Partnership, ensuring WVI Nepal’s consistent focus on WVI’s Our Promise strategy to maximize impact – well-being of the most vulnerable children, families and communities, while adapting WVI standards to the changing context in Nepal.
The ND should model a high standard of servant leadership and integrity through lifestyle and work relationships and be a fine exemplar of WVI’s Christian faith-based Vision, Mission and Core Values.
Prerequisites for this position:
- Excellent understanding of the political, social and economic context in South Asia Pacific countries, particularly in Nepal, and its impact on WVI as a Christian International NGO
- Substantial programme management experience at a senior level in a developing country context, with evidence of both responsibility and accountability.
- Evidence of organizational leadership experiences in managing complexity and organizational risks.
- Demonstrable capacity based on experience to implement high quality development, relief and advocacy programs.
- Commitment to World Vision’s objectives, ethos, core ministries, Mission Statement and Core values is mandatory.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and demonstrated ability to communicate and appreciate the cross-cultural environment.
- Proven ability to engage at a strategic level and maintain quality networks with senior Government officials, multilateral and bilateral organizations, INGO, UN, Think Tank, and Media.
- Good networking skills with multilateral and bilateral donors, corporates, foundations and a proven ability to access and implement and manage grant funded programs.
- Ability to advocate and influence people and groups.
- Strategic thinking with an action oriented approach to programme implementation, income generation and grant acquisition.
- Ability to manage external relations with other WV stakeholder offices (Regional and Support Offices) and understand and adapt to multiple stakeholders accountability relationships.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to build personal and team-based relationships with staff, partners and leaders at all levels with a sound understanding of cross culture working environment.
- Experiences building high performing teams as well as diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Must provide leadership and lifestyle that reflects well of a faith-based NGO and that respects the local cultures.
- Capable and competent to make key decisions impacting the safety and wellbeing of WV staff members.
- Commitment to harness a culture of innovation, creativity and thriving staff engagement.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience with training and experience in international development, public policy, child rights, and or organizational leadership and management.
- Working knowledge of World Vision programs, systems and international partnership structure is preferred.
Candidates fulfilling the criteria mentioned above may apply by June 30, 2022 by logging on to https://www.wvi.org/careers for more details on the position and application.
World Vision International Nepal is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently abled, to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be called for the subsequent selection procedure.
WVI Nepal reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People & Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal
Source: The Himalayan Times, 1 June, 2022