Website National Banking Institute Ltd.
1) Position: Faculty Member
2) General Background
National Banking Institute Ltd. (NBI) is the national level apex banking and finance academy. It was established in the year 2009 AD under the aegis of Nepal Bankers’ Association (NBA) with a support from Asian Development Bank (ADB). Its promoters include Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB), the Central Bank of Nepal, Rural Microfinance Development Centre (RMDC) and member banks of Nepal Bankers’ Association (NBA).
Established by the industry for the industry with the main objective of developing capacity of the human capital in the Banking, Finance & Insurance sector of the region, NBI has established itself as the leading learning institute in the country. From its very inception, NBI is fully engaged in capacity building in the Banking, Finance and Insurance sector of the country.
NBI conducts trainings, workshops, seminars on various pertinent topics along with a number of Banking Professional Certification courses. NBI is also planning to engage on carrying out research on various topics and has been providing consulting services on various areas.
The institute intends to engage faculty members on a contract basis.
3) Main functions of Faculty member:
- Conduct training program through-out the country.
- Design training and certification course curriculum.
- Review/ update training curricula and materials.
- Assist to conduct training need assessment of the industry as well as individual banks/ organization.
- Extend support to explore new avenues in the areas of research, training, consulting, certification course etc.
- Extend support to Examination and Certification (E & C) department of NBI to review course contents of various certification courses launched by NBI.
- Extend support to E & C department of NBI to prepare questions related to certification courses and various examinations for banks and mark answer sheet.
- Conduct virtual classes of Janbi/ Canbi and other courses as required.
- Extend support to NBI on various areas like sales and marketing as and when required.
- To assist NBI onboarding of trainer on various areas.
- To facilitate as many trainings as possible and in time when there are no classes, to be working on developing/improving course content.
- Discuss with banks on their content requirements.
- Check the training quality of other trainers.
- Facilitate research and consultancy jobs.
- Prepare deliverable case studies for trainings.
- Help create online learning platform and competency benchmarking
- Besides the above mentioned responsibilities, Faculty member shall undertake other learning and development works related support to NBI.
4) Nature, Duration of Assignment, Duty Station and Expected Places of travel.
- Duration: One year initially.
- Nature: Full time on a contractual basis.
- Duty Station: Kathmandu.
- Expected places of travel: Frequent visits to different parts of the country as and when required.
5) Qualification, experience and competencies.
- Proven and substantial experience designing and developing training curricula and training materials like hand out slides etc.
- Proven experience in writing manuals, booklets or similar training materials.
- Faculty must have an experience of at least 15 years in commercial banking.
- Faculty must have teaching or training and academic experience of more than 10 years.
- Have years of experience in senior managerial level during the professional career.
- Faculty must have post graduate master degree.
- Bachelor’s degree can be considered depending on other relevant expertise/ experience.
- Candidates should fulfill all legal requirements with documents like Testimonials of Academic degree and professional experience, PAN/Tax certificate, etc.
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills.
- Excellency in the English language, both written and oral, required
NBI may arrange separate interview/discussion meeting with short listed applicants as a part of selection process.
Application Procedure: To apply, please submit your Curriculum Vitae by August 22, 2022 at email@example.com