Organization: USAID Tayar Nepal – Improved Disaster Risk Management Project
Position: Municipal Field Officer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Type of Employment: Long Term Technical Assistance
Level of Effort: 130 days (6 months)
Period of Performance: On/about August 1 to February 28, 2021
Base of Operations: Chandrapur, Lalbandi, Ghorahi, and SunwalMunicipalities
USAID/Nepal’s Tayar Nepal– Improved Disaster Risk Management Project (Tayar Nepal) is strengthening the capacity of Nepal’s national and sub-national institutions responsible for disaster risk reduction, preparedness and response. Nationally, Tayar Nepal works with the newly created National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Authority (NDRRMA) and other disaster risk reduction and management (DRRM) entities to improve how national-level systems and institutions address to all types of risks caused by natural hazards and technical disasters. Locally, Tayar Nepal works in target municipalities to enhance local DRRM capacity by working with existing and new local bodies and communities to identify and implement successful DRRM initiatives which are consistent with national level policies and guidelines
Component 3 is Tayar Nepal’s rapid response mechanism designed for rapid activation and mobilization in the event of a disaster. While originally conceptualized for use in the event of a large natural disaster such as earthquake or flood, USAID plans to activate Component 3 to enable the project to support the NDRRMA in its response to the Covid-19 pandemic which has taken hold in Nepal. The first task order is expected to focus on the following objectives:
• Prepare municipalities for the socio-economic impacts of the Covid-19 crisis
• Pilot replicable livelihood and economic support activities
• Mobilize financial resources to address urgent recovery needs
To implement the six month early economic recovery activity in Chandrapur, Lalbandi, Ghorahi, and SunwalMunicipalities, Tayar Nepal will engage and work with a Municipal Field Officer to facilitate and implement municipal level activities. This position will be the liaison between Tayar Nepal Project and municipal level stakeholders such as municipal authorities, local organizations, private sectors, community leaders, etc.
To facilitate and oversee an overall project implementation in municipal level, with primary responsibility to be the point of contact for Tayar Nepal Project in municipality and facilitate, manage and monitor the program implementations such as grant implementation, subcontract and consultant works, and provide technical input as required to meet project objectives, deliverables and target indicators in municipal level.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
The Municipal Field Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Undertake day-to-day operations, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of activities in municipality in coordination with respective municipality, stakeholder and Tayar’s partner organizations (grantees, subcontractors, and consultants).
• Support the Component 3 team for coordination with the municipality office for various needs such as selection of beneficiaries for cash for work and cash voucher, development of municipal plan for economic recovery, private sector landscaping, etc.
• Collect/support collection of primary data in the field that needed urgently by Tayar Team
• Support and facilitate municipal level activities implemented by Tayar Nepal project directly or through grantees, subcontractors and consultants
• Support Tayar’s communications and outreach team for outreach, communication and dissemination related activities, collecting success stories, taking photos, etc.
• Other duties requested by Field Team Director, Task Order Manager, COP and DCOP.
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Rural Development, Sociology/Anthropology, Development Studies etc.)
• 8 years of relevant work experience
• Experience in working with municipalities and local stakeholders (local government officials, women’s organizations, CBOs/local NGOs, media, civil society and communities, etc.).
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with local communities, vulnerable and most vulnerable groups, civil society, and other stakeholders
Location and Reporting
The municipal Field Officer will be based in (Chandrapur, Lalbandi, Ghorahi, and Sunwal) Municipalities, will work under the direct supervision of the Field Team Director and in close coordination Field Support Officer and with component 3 technical team,cross-cutting, and operations teams.
Last date to apply: July 18, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to TayarRecruitment@dai.com by July 18, 2020. Please mention the position and the location in the subject line of the email you are applying for.
Women, persons with disabilities, and applicants from marginalized and disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply.