Organization: Sunshine Social Development Organization (SSDO)
Sunshine Social Development Organization (SSDO) is non-governmental, non-political, and non-profit making social development organization. It has established in 2055 Bs as a Sunshine Youth Club by some local Youths of contemporary Dhankauli VDC, kapilvastu, Nepal and registered in district administration office in 1998 AD (2055 BS) under the organizations act 2034 BS. It is affiliated with social welfare council and NGO federation Kapilvastu. It has been working in the field of extreme poverty especially for Dalit, Janjati, women, children and source less people who are deprived from the basic needs: health, education and drinking water, and fundamental rights. It focuses its programs for the communities who are socially, politically and economically excluded from their mainstream of the state. Social justice is major motto of the organization.
Sunshine Social Development Organization established by some of the educated Madhesi marginalized youths to uplift society for social prosperity. The founder visualized prosperity of the target community with health, education and livelihood program. To get education health, livelihood sector is supported as cross cutting program. Education and livelihood are part and parcel for prosperity so SSDO has been centring its all program in the southern part of Kapilvastu district.
At first hand, SSDO started free coaching for the youth of the community and promoted 18 saving and loaning groups in the contemporary Dhankauli VDC without any outside support. It was first objective of organization to education and income generation of the target communities. Sunshine Primary School and Mayadevi Primary School is a remarkable instance of education and Chetradei saving and cooperative is born with its historical saving and credit groups.
SSDO has established as youth clubs, developed as community development organization and arrived in the stage of one of the most leading NGO of Kapilvastu district. It has conducted mainly exemplary work in Kapilvastu in the sector of education, livelihood, transparency and information and communication.
SSDO is seeking qualified, competent, committed with good character energetic candidates for the project. Interest individuals having following qualifications and experiences are requested to apply for their applicable positions.
Position: Monitoring & Research Officer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location: Buddhabhumi-10, Chetradei Kapilvastu
Academic qualifications and experiences:
• Bachelor’s degree with 3 years experiences in monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning & documentation field in any development organization.
Experiences and Skills:
• Monitor the project interventions, data analysis and documents the leanings of project as design in the project
• Have experience of child and youth led participatory monitoring
• Having knowledge on participatory action research
• Having knowledge and experience of data collection methods, analysis and findings
• Good knowledge on use of data analysis tools
• Sound communication with interpersonal skills
• knowledge on project planning, reporting and evaluation
• Play key role in project data management in AKVO software
• Having knowledge and experience of educational research
• Assist the project staffs in their capacity building on monitoring and research
• Good coordination skills
• Good verbal and written communication skill in English and Nepali
Last date to apply: 26 June 2019 (11 Asar 2076)
HOW TO APPLY
The above mentioned qualified and experienced candidate should send their application, PP size photo, copy of Nepali Citizenship and updated CV in firstname.lastname@example.org by electronically and hardcopy sending SSDO Head office, Buddhabhumi-10, Chetradei Kapilvastu by 26 June 2019 (11 Asar 2076).
SSDO and the project promotes child safeguarding and protection issues.
We especially encourage applications from women and marginalized groups.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Canvassing and telephonic inquiry at any stage of the process shall lead to automatic candidate disqualification.