Website VSO Nepal
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Salary : As per organization rule
Contract type : Fixed Term
Full Time: 37 hours per week
Application Closing Date : 01 Apr 2021
Interview date : Soon as possible
Start date : Soon as possible
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
- To establish the project monitoring and evaluation system
- To prepare project reports
- To take lead role in the monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- To take lead in implementation of the MILE approach, a participatory M&E in the project.
- To take lead role in database and knowledge management of Inclusive Education project for learning documentation and dissemination
- To facilitate and support project teams including volunteers in designing and implementing monitoring tools, data analysis and report writing
- To assist Project Manager in learning sharing and documentation
Skills, qualifications and experience:
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and having strong knowledge and experiences on education project. Proven experiences working in diverse, multicultural team.
- At least 5 years’ of work experience in M&E, particularly working with women, children and youth in diverse and vulnerable community.
- Having experience in Quantitative and Qualitative tools design, data collection, data management, data analysis and report writing.
- Proven experience in MEL Framework development and processes within education including conduct of baseline assessments, evaluations; research that respond to challenges and opportunities; ability to translate ideas into practical action.
- Understanding on project cycle management, participatory tools and at least 5 years’ experience on project management to ensure effective planning, resourcing, implementation and review of programme/projects.
- Training and facilitation skills particularly in the conduct of programme/project reviews and assessments.
Communication and Influencing Skills :
Strong written and verbal communication skills – able to listen, analyse, present, consult, negotiate with confidence and obtain stakeholder engagement. Able to communicate complex issues effectively to wide range of audiences. Experience of remote and cross-cultural communication, demonstrating sensitivity to cultural and language differences.
Decision Making and Planning :
Capacity for inquiry, research, logical and analytical thinking, powers of reasoning and critical analysis. Able to demonstrate sound judgement and a solution focused approach, solving unstructured issues in unfamiliar settings. Able to consider implications of professional value, ethics and attitudes to decision making. Able to plan, juggle complex multiple priorities within restricted resources. Ability to manage competing deadlines.
Information Technology Systems – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel particularly experience in creating and training on the usage of information management e.g. data bases/shared drives
Experience of working with volunteers and
Commitment to VSO’s work and values
Travel requirement: Able to travel in different parts of project areas in country and spend time away from work- base location.
Commitment to VSO’s mission, values, People First principles and core approaches (Social Inclusion and Gender, Social Accountability, and Resilience).
- Experience of working with or as volunteer
- Experience in advocacy and research work
Experience on media and/or social media campaigns
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
- VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
Eligibility: Nepalese only
Contract : National
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.