Organization: Snowland Integrated Development Center (SIDC)
Established in 1992, Snowland Integrated Development Center (SIDC) is a leading non-profit non-governmental autonomous, social development organization of Nepal. SIDC has been established by the local educated and the qualified residents with strong willingness and commitment possessing extensive experience in different sectors under the democratic pattern by holding the election in every two years by the general members for the representative of the executive body. The board comprises 7 executive members with a female chairperson including minimum of 33% of women representation. SIDC has been registered in the district administration in 1992 under the association and affiliation with the Social Welfare Council and NGO Federation of Nepal.
SIDC with the Vision of working with the poor and marginalized people in rural Humla to empower them in the process of meeting their basic needs, improving their livelihoods and building their own socio economic status upgraded. It has always focused on gender equality and the social inclusion. It has been success to maintain the good relation among the organizations and the people of the district for to make them empowered in the field like economic earnings, infra-structure, social mobilization, education, health and awareness, agriculture and husbandry, forestry, knowledge management and skill development.
Snowland Integrated Development Center (SIDC) with Financial and Technical support of Good Neighbors International (GNI) Nepal is implementing the project title Community Development Project (CDP)-Livelihood in Humla District. Thus, SIDC invites applications for the following position.
Position: Micro-Enterprise Development Officer (MEDO) – 1 (Humla Based)
Scope of Job
Micro-Enterprise Development Officer acts as focal person of livelihood program of Community Development Project (CDP). S/he is fully responsible for successful accomplishment and to achieve the target set by the livelihood program. The MEDO will be full-time potion and work under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator or Focal person of the organization.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Program Planning and Implementation
• Carryout need assessment, Plan livelihood opportunities and incorporate those activities in annual Plan of Action (POA);
• Develop business service packages for livelihood improvement and micro enterprise development to deliver to potential MEs;
• Support field staffs to prepare business plan of MEs and review it;
• Prepare livelihood improvement plan of ultra-poor community members;
• Assist field staffs to explore business opportunities and make orientation to community in selection potential enterprises;
• Explore and plan for social enterprises at community level;
• Design and implement institutional development activities for cooperatives and groups.
B. Capacity Building/Training and Development
• Carryout capacity development training for groups and cooperatives;
• Support for smooth operating of groups and cooperatives;
• Support cooperatives to disseminate information to community on importance of cooperatives;
• Help the members of cooperatives in elaborating business and strategic plans;
• Plan and implement workshops on financial services available for the member co-operatives;
• Conduct entrepreneurship development training to the potential entrepreneurs;
• Provide financial literacy training to group members;
• Organize Technical skill training/Vocational training to selected entrepreneurs and assist them to have access to financial services, appropriate technology and marketing linkage;
• Revise business Plan of selected entrepreneurs with the aspect of business growth and design advance package of technical/vocational training to improve quality and quantity;
• Assist for leveling and Packaging of products by micro entrepreneurs;
• Provide regular business counseling to micro-entrepreneurs;
• Support entrepreneurs to scale up their enterprise with the help of other partner organizations;
• Plan and implement awareness sessions on research of markets for specific products (if possible).
C. Survey and Research
• Carryout need assessment for the business growth and sustainability for the selected entrepreneurs;
• Conduct research and study on various aspects of cooperative in the communities and provide recommendations on community economic development opportunities;
• Carryout market survey for linkage of products from micro-entrepreneurs.
• Develop and strengthen coordination and networks with Local Government (ward office, Rural Municipality), Agriculture Knowledge Center, Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs), I/NGOs, civil societies, political parties, private sectors and other stakeholders to create and develop micro-enterprises in the working areas;
• Develop linkage with Business Development Service (BDS) providers and market actors for the marketing of products of micro-entrepreneurs;
• Act as a liaison between local organizations, individuals and representatives of government.
E. Field Visit and Monitoring
• Carryout frequent monitoring visit, evaluate achievement versus target prepare and share monitoring report;
• Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate the income generation program (Vegetable, Fruits and Livestock, etc.) in the targeted communities.
F. Reporting, Feedback and documentation
• Prepare activity completion report;
• Prepare and submit the annual, quarterly and half yearly progress report ;
• Keep record of production and sales data of the individual entrepreneur(s);
• Update Business Plan of the entrepreneurs periodically (Annually) or as per need;
• Analyze financial statements of the member co-operatives and make recommendations for improvement.
G. Other Duties
• Undertake any duties that may reasonably be required by the organization;
• Meet the target, pre-agreed deadlines and should be ready to take challenges.
• Minimum Bachelors’ Degree in Agriculture, Forestry, Development Studies or any other relevant subjects.
• Minimum three years of work experience in the field of Agriculture development, micro-enterprise development, business plan preparation, and cooperative management.
• Strong coordination and communication skills.
• Proven experience in training facilitation
• Ability to produce quality reports both in English and Nepali.
• Computer proficiency in Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and internet.
• Willingness to travel to remote working areas.
Last date to apply: 17 July 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible and interested candidates are encouraged to apply with their current CV, Cover Letter and other Earned Documents to the email address email@example.com or in direct to the SIDC Office, Simkot addressing to The Human Resource Department of SIDC, Humla, within 17 July 2019. Please indicate the position title while applying for on the subject of your cover letter and in mail.
Only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted for further recruitment process.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Telephonic enquiries shall not be entertained. Applicants from marginalized groups, women and local residences are especially encouraged to apply.