Website Heifer Project international Nepal
Heifer Project international Nepal (HPIN) is a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to ending hunger and poverty and caring for earth by providing livestock, education, and other resources to help poor families become self-reliant.
The Goat sub-sector is an important aspect of improving the livelihoods of farmers. Heifer has been working in it since the beginning of its operation in Nepal through 267 co-operatives. As a result, farmers have been producing quality goats. Similarly, co-operatives have started bulking/collecting the goats and selling them to local traders, but the profit/ margin gained by the farmer/ co-operative is found to be minimal. Thus, we envisioned strengthening the goat supply chain by selling to wholesale traders and Fresh House in Kathmandu, Nepal which increases the profit margin at least by 10 – 15 %.
Type of Contract: Consultant Full Time
Timeline: The assignment is expected to complete by 31st March 2023 with possibility of extension.
Major Roles and Responsibility:
- Survey the Fresh House around Kathmandu and prepare its report.
- Collect the demands from the Fresh House and supply through the cooperative.
- Facilitate Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signing between Fresh House and co-operatives.
- Facilitate the establishment of a goat holding yard.
- Facilitate in branding of Goats.
- Facilitate sales of goats to a fresh house.
- Facilitate financial transactions between Fresh House and co-operative.
- Submit the monthly Goat sales record.
- Draft report of the survey of meat fresh house.
- Monthly goat sells and financial reports.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Individuals with Higher Secondary Education level.
- At least 3 years of working experience in marketing and sales
- Good negotiating skills.
Interested experienced individual from same field is requested to submit application along with the following documents mentioning email subject line “Application for Market Representative for Goat Sales” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Letter
- Updated CV
- Expected per month remuneration
- Copy of VAT/PAN registration certificate
- A copy of Nepali citizenship certificate
Deadline for submission of Application: 30th January 2023 before 5 PM.