Mandwi is a not profit-making national NGO working since 2066 BS. Mandwi is dedicated to work strategically to contribute to the overall development of disadvantage groups’ special focus on women & girl and another marginalized & disadvantaged group. The collective focus of Mandwi has been to empower civil society, communities, and government of Nepal to raise voices against gender based and domestic violence and focuses over education, good governance, peace and social justice, gender-based justice, and economic empowerment which promotes the inclusive growth and development for the better-quality life of citizens of Nepal. Mandwi hereby invites applications from suitable and qualified Nepalese professionals for the position of Executive Director based in Rautahat with travel as required.
Position: Executive Director
The Executive Director (ED) provides the overall leadership and strategic guidance to the organization and ensures effective management of staff and resources to achieve the organization’s mission. The ED reports to the Mandwi Board and would be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that all Mandwi activities are aligned to Mandwi’s primary objectives
- Oversee the management and implementation of all organizational contracts, programs to deliver value of money and focus on the primary work of Mandwi
- Ensure that Mandwi’s organizational structure, policies and management are sound and able to deliver on Mandwi’s objectives effectively and efficiently
- Effectively manage personnel and human-resource matters and strengthen performance management by tracking key performance indicators across the organization
- Maintain a positive work environment that facilitates collaboration and information sharing and is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating diverse talent
- Operationalize, lead, and monitor the implementation of Mandwi’s multi-year strategy for resources mobilization and effective implementation of innovative programs. Advance the development of new funding streams for Mandwi, broadening the donor base and encouraging increased investment in programs
- Represent the Mandwi at the highest level, ensuring its role and profile through effective collaboration with the government and non-government national and international partners, organizations, and communities, in the country and regionally
- Ensure regular and meaningful monitoring and evaluation of Mandwi’s programs, personnel, and routinely report on the impacts and performance of the organization to the board
- Report to the Board on the operational, administrative, and financial aspects of Mandwi at each Board meeting and ensure that the Board is made aware, in a timely way, of key strategic and other operational challenge
- Ensure that Mandwi’s operations is free from any biases that are detrimental to equality, inclusiveness, or a positive working environment.
Master’s degree in social science, education, or other related field with at least 5 years’ experience in the senior management position in the related discipline.
- Dynamic and strategic leadership capabilities and the ability to define and execute goals to realize the mission of Mandwi
- Sound understanding of social and developmental issues in national and international context including the main actors, strategies, and policies
- Proven record of successful management experience of development projects, their funds, human resources, and partners
- Ability to work independently, regularly take initiative to drive the organization towards continued growth and success
- Track record of contribution in a successful acquisition. Proven leadership skills and track record in motivating, coaching, team building and developing individuals
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation, reporting and writing skills
- Proven networking and partnership building skills and ability to maintain good relations with diverse individuals, government agencies and organizations
- Strong command of written and oral communication in English and Nepali
Interested candidates are requested to submit electronic copy of their updated CV by email along with a cover letter to email@example.com by 7 days from the date of notice published. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for further process.
Source: Janakpur Today Daily, 2 April, 2021