Website FHI 360
FHI 360 has been working in Nepal since 1993 in the areas of HIV/AIDS, family planning/reproductive health, nutrition, antimicrobial resistance, environment, capacity building, civil society and media strengthening, and governance reform. FHI 360’s work is grounded in evidence and aligns with and provides support to the Government of Nepal’s development priorities and plans. FHI 360 Nepal requests applications from interested and qualified individuals under the United States Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)- and the United States Agency for
International Development (USAID)-supported Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) Nepal.
1. Consultant-Psychosocial Assessment
The consultant will support EpiC Nepal in supervision, management, data analysis, and report writing of psychosocial need assessment of key population (KP) and people living with HIV (PLHIV)
- Support in finalizing Scope of work (SOW), hiring consultants for data collection and keep track of activities done by consultants
- Conduct orientation of consultants for collecting data
- Coordinate with ART centers and EpiC IPs for data collection, facilitate transport and other requirements of data collectors and qualitative interviewers
- Collect and compile the data filled by data collectors in excel, review and coordinate with data collectors to add missing information and share with technical specialists
- Analyze the qualitative data, prepare, and submit draft report
- Finalize the draft report
- Master’s degree in public health or related field.
- Professional skills, knowledge and experience in qualitative data analysis and report writing.
2. Laboratory Assistant
The consultant will work at HIV testing and VL testing laboratory in Pokhara Academy of Health Sciences (PAHS), Pokhara, Kaski.
- Performing HIV diagnosis,
- Supporting maintaining health care waste management in HIV testing laboratories,
- Collecting samples for VL testing and transporting them to testing laboratories,
- Coordinating with Viral load testing laboratories for getting timely reports, providing reports to ART counselors for sharing with beneficiaries
- Supporting data entry of viral load testing
- Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology (CMLT) with experience working in health laboratory services, preferably in an HIV lab will be an advantage.
- Registered in Nepal Health Professional Council.
3. One National HIV Information System Support Officer
- Review and analyze the current HIV database, eLMIS, and One National HIV Information System (ONHIS) that are being used for HIV programs by stakeholders in Nepal.
- Review the current database systems: DHIS2 Tracker Capture, eLMIS, and recommend a plan to integrate the consolidated database to HMIS DHIS 2 aggregate automatically.
- Develop a concept note and SOP for integration of ONHIS and eLMIS for the HIV program.
- Develop a training package for the rollout of the integration of ONHIS and eLMIS for the HIV program.
- Bachelors in public health or related field.
- Experience in working in ONHIS and eLMIS; or integration of similar software will be given priority
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified individuals are requested to send a cover letter, updated CV with proposed consultancy daily rates, and a list of two references by July 6, 2022, at Nepal.firstname.lastname@example.org .
Although the deadline is July 6, 2022, we are immediately starting the screening process so interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.