Website Korea International Cooperation Agency
The Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) has been working in Nepal as a bilateral agency, undertaking development cooperation programs on the behalf of South Korean Government. KOICA is implementing various programs projects, dispatch of volunteer and Fellowship programs.
KOICA is looking for an experienced and qualified Nepali nationals to fill the following position.
Contract Duration: January 01, 2022-December 31, 2022 (3 months’ Probation [Jan Feb March) Renewable after Performance review]
Duty Station: KOICA Nepal Office, Jwagal, Lalitpur
Office Hours: Full-Time (09:00-17:00), Monday to Friday
Number of Vacancy: One(1)
- Drive the office vehicle as assigned
- Conduct vehicle check to ensure that it is in sound operating condition before driving it
- Drive staff, visitors and officials as assigned, including field visits in KOICA project sites
- Deliver or collect materials to or from specified locations as assigned
- Ensure compliance to all road traffic regulations
- Ensure that the vehicles are operated and maintained focusing on passenger and equipment safety
- Perform daily pre and post-trip vehicle inspections sanitization
- Record all trips, mileage, fuel consumption and other related information in the vehicle logbook and report any significant problems to the office immediately.
- Be responsible for ensuring the vehicle servicing track, registration as well as daily condition/appearance of the vehicle
- Reports all accidents and incidents involving the vehicles as required respective officer or drivers
- Work as team member in an emergency situation.
- Carry out other duties when required and as requested by the supervisor
- Professionally represents the KOICA through responsible driving and appearance
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- 10th grade completed
- Valid Nepalese License holder with approved driving of Group A and B
- At least five years of work experience in skillful driving, experience of work in NGO/INGO is preferred
- Good eye sight and health
- Working knowledge of vehicle safety, control system, vehicle maintenance and minor repair
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic English Language proficiency (fluency in speaking, understanding and basic writing)
- Basic Korean Language proficiency (preferable)
- Minimal numeracy skills for calculation of mileage covered and fuel consumption
Required Documents– Please drop your Cover letter, updated CV and copy of valid Driving License at KOICA Nepal Office, Jwagal 4th cross Lalitpur or send it to the email@example.com until 17:00 hrs on December 17, 2021.
Note: Only selected candidates will be contacted for the further procedures. Application received after the deadline will not be considered. KOICA Nepal Office reserves all rights for the recruitment.
Salary and other benefits will be adhered to the policy of KOICA Nepal Office. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Source: The Himalayan Times, 8th December 2021