Website Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN)
Junior Technical Assistants for Agriculture (JTA), Field-6
Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN) is a Nepalese non-governmental development organization working mainly in the areas of community development, livelihood, food and nutrition security, education, health, and good governance. The organization equally promotes human rights and social justice, having a strategic focus on protecting and promoting economic, social, and cultural rights and the right to development in Nepal. RRN also works extensively on natural resource management, disaster management, and climate change adaptation. Its major interventions are directed towards poor, vulnerable, and disadvantaged groups in rural areas.
RRN has been granted the Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations since 1997. It is also accredited to the Global Environment Facility (GEF), the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), and the Green Climate Fund (GCF).
Currently, RRN is looking for competent candidates to fulfill the following positions for “Citizen empowerment to improve food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations in Rolpa district, Lumbini province, Nepal (POSHAN SUDHAR) funded by Welthungerhilfe /BMZ and being implemented by RRN in Triveni and Runtigadhi Rural Municipalities of Rolpa district, Nepal.
Position: Junior Technical Assistants for Agriculture (JTA), Field-6
Main Responsibilities: JTAs will facilitate the community-based mobilization and their involvement in the project implementation as well as provide technical support and organize agriculture and nutrition-related training such as GAP groups, lead farmers, nurseries, gardening, LANN+/ NERP groups. The position requires providing technical support and assisting the field team in coordinating and linkage building with RMs/Agriculture Desk at municipal etc.
Qualification & Required Skills:
- Intermediate degree with at least five years of relevant experience in Agriculture and livelihood sectors promotion-related activities.
- Good social mobilization and coordination skills.
- Knowledge and skills on facilitation of GAP groups and LANN+ groups for promoting nutrition-sensitive agricultural production, indigenous crops preservation, training to lead farmers, etc.
- Also, knowledge on PPP (seven steps), POCAP, LANN+ group’s facilitation for the transformation of the community and marginalized groups’ nutrition behavior through diet diversity, NERP facilitation, health, and nutrition staff mobilization.
- Good community meeting, awareness program, and training facilitation skill
- Having experience of technical support to farmers groups in producing food and nutrition-sensitive crops, farming, nurseries establishing, etc.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment
- Skills and motivation on facilitation of women and farmers groups and nutrition education and rehabilitation programme, NERP camps, and nutrition education promoted events in the community and school levels.
- Community mobilization for conduction of various training events for women, farmers and support in small irrigation schemes and nurseries production.
- Conduct public auditing and community scorecard exercises at the ward level.
- Coordination with local government and wards level stakeholders. (60% field/ward level)
Programme Manager and Finance Officer are be based in Head Office, Kathmandu and frequently travel to field as required. Project Coordinator, Agriculture Officer, Nutrition/ MEAL Officer and Admin and Finance Officer will be based in field office (anticipated at Holeri) Rolpa district with frequently monitor and visit to project area/ward level of Triveni and Runtigadhi RM. Sub-engineers, JTAs and Nutrition Facilitators (SM) will be based at field/ward level (60%) in Triveni and Runtigadhi RM Rolpa.
The salary and benefit of each position shall be as per the organization’s rules. Interested candidates may send their applications detailing the interest/motivation to work with us, expected remuneration along with an updated CV through E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5 pm of 7th Nov. 2021.
Telephone inquiries shall not be entertained and any other direct or indirect solicitation may lead to disqualification of the candidacy. Local, competent female candidates and from excluded and less represented communities/groups are highly encouraged to apply. RRN is an equal opportunity organization. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps of recruitment. RRN reserves the right to accept or reject any applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.