Position: Jr. Finance Officer
Department Name: Finance
Work Experience: 1-3 years
State/Province: Province No.3
Zip/Postal Code: 44600
Launched in 2012, Daraz is South Asia’s online shopping and selling destination of choice present in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Nepal. Supported by a wide range of tailored marketing, data, and service solutions, the pioneering e-commerce ecosystem in South Asia has 30,000 sellers and 500 brands, serving 5 million consumers. With 2 million products available, Daraz offers a diverse assortment of products in categories ranging from consumer electronics to household goods, beauty, fashion, sports equipment, and groceries. Focused on providing an excellent customer experience, it offers multiple payment methods including cash-on-delivery, comprehensive customer care and hassle-free returns. Daraz is owned by Alibaba Group Holding Limited.
- Responsible for Financial Control and MIS function
- Prior work experience with reconciliation of General Ledgers
- Required to perform complex accounting entries in ERP
- Coordination with external parties (regulators and auditors) and also with regional team
- Analysis of high volume of data
- Master’s degree in Management, specialization in Marketing.
- Minimum years of experience in social media management.
- Marketing enthusiastic with creative, curious, and analytical skills.
- Strong project management skills, with an ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Proven track record in outreach campaign strategies
- Out of the box thinking during brainstorming session
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Networking aptitude
- Knowledge of the social media marketing industry
- Knowledge of MS dynamics (ERP) is must.
- Outstanding Knowledge of Excel including Macros
- Understanding of regulatory requirement including Tax and VAT
- Master’s Degree in Finance (MBA/MBS) is required
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in large corporate business house
- Good organizational skills and attention to details
- Should have good analytical skills & computing skills
- Able to work independently
- Should have good verbal & written communication skills
Importantly, we look for someone who will live by our values that define everything we do:
- Customer commitment
- Embrace change
- An international working environment in a start-up setting, and the unique opportunity to learn from industry leaders, including Lazada and Alibaba teams
- Work closely with country and group level management to build e-commerce in Nepal
- Hands-on experience in leading a team and growing a business
- Five days working week (Monday to Friday)
- Benefit Package: Social security fund, fuel expenses, employee discount voucher, mobile top ups and data pack, accidental insurance, medical insurance, full annual health check-up