Organization: VSO Nepal
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Position: Finance Consultant -SFS II project
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Consultant Agreement: 6 months
Job Type: Full Time, 38 hours per week
Perform day to day financial reporting and partner management task in order to smoothen regular performance of grant management team of VSO Nepal.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
Following qualifications and experience is required for consultant (if any individual is applying) or assigned person (if any firm/company is applying);
• At least; Bachelor’s degree Business Management/Finance/Accounts or relevant field or ACCA/CA intermediate/final,
• At least 2 years of demonstrated working experience in the field of financial management (Prior experience in INGO/audit frim – Preferable) with strong project and partner management experience.
• Skilled financial accountant with knowledge of financial management of restricted donor funding, reporting, procurement procedures, donor rules and regulations for non-profit organizations.
• Having knowledge of financial control procedures; the person should be able to judge the validity of supporting documents submitted by partners/employees/volunteers etc.
• Good level of computer skills (Windows, Power Point, Word, Outlook, and Internet), with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (ability to produce financial reports in a prescribed format from transaction list having multiple dimensions.), use of accounting software and reporting packages – SUN preferred.
• Strong verbal and oral communication skills in English and local languages.
• Able to travel in country and spend time away from work- base location
• VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
• VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Application closing date: 24 Jul 2019
Interview/Assessment date(s): Immediate
Start date: Immediate