Position: Human Resources Officer (Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply)
Job categories: Human Resources
Vacancy code: VA/2019/B5516/18868
Department/office: AR, NPOH, Nepal
Duty station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Contract type: Local ICA Specialist
Contract level: LICA Specialist-8
Duration: Open-ended subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and/or satisfactory performance
Application period: 29-Nov-2019 to 15-Dec-2019
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
Background Information – UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peace building, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
UNOPS offers a variety of arrangements that enable women to excel in their careers, including flexible working hours for work-life balance, maternity leave, childcare facilities, and career coaching. UNOPS ensures a safe and inclusive working environment for women and men through field security training and measures to provide secure working arrangements on-site and in the office
• Advanced University degree in Human Resources management, Business Administration, social or behavioral sciences.
• Or a First University degree in Human Resources management or related fields combined with 2 years of relevant experience.
• Minimum of two year of experience in professional-level recruitment and/or HR generalist services in an international, public or corporate organization. Experience in UN system organizations preferably in a developing country is desirable.
• A First Level university degree in combination with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
• Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office).
• Knowledge on Gender Parity Special Measure and Gender Inclusion under Human Recourses Management is desirable.
• Experience in use of HR information systems, Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is desirable
• Fluency in written and oral in English, and Nepali is required.
• Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an desirable.
Last date to apply: 15 December 2019