Job in Singapore
GURKHA CONTINGENT, SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE
VACANCY FOR SCHOOL TEACHERS
The Gurkha Contingent, Singapore Police Force (GC, SPF) invites applications for the post of a school teacher to be based in Singapore, commencing in Jan 2020.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
The principle job responsibilities include:
- To teach Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE) Pre School (Kindergarten and Nursery) Curriculum (English based) to Nepali children, ages 4-7, to prepare them for the Singapore Primary School system.
- To teach Nepal MOE Nepali Language Curriculum to Nepali Children, aged 7-18, to prepare them for integration to Nepal.
- Must be a Nepali citizen with a valid passport.
- Female between 222-30 years of age.
- Must have passed 10+2 (majoring in English or Science) or equivalent.
- Teaching qualification with at least 2 years of teaching experience in an English medium Pre School (Nursery and or Kindergarten) (References of experience needed)
- Any additional specialized training in Kindergarten / Pre-school teaching will be an added advantage (References of certification needed)
- Must be competent in Nepali and English.
- Must be single / or be willing to serve unaccompanied if married.
REMUNERATION / BENEFITS
- Successful candidates will be appointed on an initial 2-year contract (renewable)
- Salary will be paid in Singapore Dollars. Starting salary will be $1400 per month.
- A lump sum gratuity is payable at the end of each contract.
- Entitled to 18 days leave per annum.
- Furnished apartment provided on co-share basis.
- Subsidised Ration provided.
- Free economy class air passage on first appointment and similar return passage on completion of contract.
- Additional Baggage allowance on first arrival and on completion of contract.
- Medical and dental benefits.
Contract terms and conditions will be based upon the Singapore Civil Service, Terms and Conditions of Service.
Short listed candidates will be notified by 04 Sep 19 for an interview.
Applications together with full CV and copies of qualifications and references are to be sent to GCSPF Representative (Tel 01-5547193), British Gurkhas Nepal, Manbhawan, Lalitpur: Closing date for application is on 21 Aug 19.
Source: The Himalayan Times, August 7, 2019