Organization: Save the Children
Position: Human Resource and Administration Director
TEAM/PROGRAMME: HR and Administration
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fixed-term
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
As a key member of the CO leadership team (SMT), you will lead HR, Administration and IT strategic planning in-line with CSP and global people strategy. You will be working as a trusted partner of SMT and CD on all people related matters including structuring and restructuring. Ensures adequate policies and systems are in place and their consistant use across the Nepal and Bhutan. Ensures productive and positive working environment. Introduce technologies to strengthen HR and IT systems and ensures the use of all systems. Serve as national focal person to Child Safeguarding/safeguarding, investigation and capacity building. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, you will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly. Oversees all of the administrative staff and makes sure that policies are in place to ensure that the administrative functions of the business run smoothly. Ensures effective and efficient information technology services for the organization and lead in the establishment of proper lT Infrastructure in the country office ensuring the optimum security and backup of the business data.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Country Director
Staff reporting to this post: (Sr. HR Manager, Sr. HR Coordinator DtP and CB, HR Officer Child Safeguarding, Sr. Coordinator Administration and Sr. Manager IT).
Indirect: 20 +
Budget Responsibilities: As per scope of delegation (SOD)
Nepal CO works on 77 districts with more than 450 staff on multiple themes including emergency response. It also covers Bhutan CO in terms of providing HR direction and leadership. The position holders work with regional HRD in Singapore and Regional Child Safeguarding Director in-terms of Child Safeguarding, Code of conduct and anti- harassment case management. Serves as focal person to investigate incidents regarding Safeguarding, Child Safeguarding, anti-harassment and code of conduct.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
HR leadership and management:
• Being the trusted partner of the CD and SMT on all people related matters, providing HR leadership, advice and solutions to SMT in analysing people issues and challenges across the organisation.
• Developing and ensure the implementation of HRD plan
• Accountable to uphold KPI, essential standard and organizational policies and ensure compliance
• Ensuring the CSP is implemented across all critical areas including leadership, talent, organisation and staff learning and development, resourcing and recruitment, staff welfare etc
• Work with the department heads and CD to attract, recruit and retain the talented people
• Embedding a culture of DtP across the organisation, where staff are held accountable and rewarded for high performance
• Creating an environment of continuous learning where staff are encouraged and supported to develop and are held accountable for their commitments
• Initiating and maintaining processes enabling rapid mobilisation (deployment and recruitment) of people in response to significant emergencies
• Build Staff capacity on Leadership, management and ERT
• Managing and developing the performance of the HR team
• Establishes and maintains contact with external training institutes in Nepal and abroad
• Represents SC in both internal and external forums relevant to HR functions.
• Be responsible for improving culture of governance and transparency through receiving child safeguarding and harassment concerns and complaints at appropriate geographical/operational unit levels, in accordance with the Save the Children International ‘s standards and the Local/Country Procedures.
• Investigate issues related to child safeguarding, work place harassment, sexual harassment, staff grievance and any other policy and code of conduct breaches. Update CD on all critical cases, prepare report and submit to relevant offices. Take appropriate management action based on investigation.
• Build staff and partners capacity on child safeguarding and anti-fraud investigation.
• Establishes an in-house training system that addresses SCI training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or onboarding, management development, production cross-training, the measurement of training impact.
• Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and procedures and ensures the compliance of policies as per SCI standard and local labour law.
• Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
• Leads competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
• Facilitate talent identification and succession plan as per SCI standard.
• Ensure the best practices of staff wellness and positive working environment.
• Support regional HR Director to organize MHP and LHP. Facilitate MHP and SMDPs
Administration and Management:
• Ensure the effective implementation of office operation policy and procedure that meets the SCI standards
• Supervise administrative function to ensure the cost effectiveness and smooth operation of office
• Oversee visa processing for expatriate staff that meets the timeline.
• Review and update all contracts and leases before forwarding them to the Country Director for signature
• Ensure that internal and external communications systems function effectively and efficiently
• Provide administrative inputs to field office and large awards.
Information technology (IT)
• Ensure the identification of security vulnerabilities and eliminate them with strategic solutions that increase data safety
• Oversee the entire requirement of lT infrastructure and facilities in the country office that include planning, developing and managing the domain, local and wider area network with optimum security.
• Ensure the protection of organizational database and cost-effective technology or tools that is appropriate and competitive to cater organizational need and expected future growth
• Ensure annual lT plan with budget is prepared and implemented for scoping out the technologies required for the program to enhance the efficiency.
• Ensure the procurement of lT equipment required for organisation and ensure use of equipment and value for money.
• Ensure organizational IT platform security is robust with the help of internal and external IT counterparts
• Ensure valid Annual Maintenance Contracts (AMC) are in place and properly functioning
• Ensure hardware, software, networking and bandwidth being used by CO, field offices outside Kathmandu are up to the need standard and in good functioning order.
• Ensure the proper monitoring of the web sites for ethical use by staff.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
• Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
• Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• Willing to take disciplined risks
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency
• Master in Human resource/ development/management or equivalent degree
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
• Ten years of experience on management and leadership in INGOs or in development organizations in the development of HR strategies and policy procedures.
• Ability to plan and organize a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and res possibilities in both development and emergency contexts
• Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
• Demonstrated credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organization
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Ability to express oneself succinctly, creatively and independently
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate skills in leading a multi- disciplined team through a period of change
• Leadership skills, including the ability to supervise and motivate qualified professional staff with strong personal value systems
• Analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
• Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff
• Team building skills
• Competent level skills in core IT applications, particularly MS Office
• A commitment to the values and principles of SC
• High level of commitment to the principles of development and to the organizational and programmatic goals of Save the Children
Additional Job Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety:
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Last date to apply: 9 July 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Source: Kantipur Dainik, 3 July 2019