Organization: KISAN II Project
Position: Sr. Communications & Outreach Manager (P6/D1)
LOCATION: Kathmandu, Nepal
GROUP/UNIT: Enterprise and Agriculture
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party
The Knowledge-based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal (KISAN) II Project is a USAID funded five-year second phase of the USAID Feed the Future (FTF) initiative in Nepal. The aim of KISAN II is to increase resilience, inclusiveness, and sustainability of income growth in the FTF zone of influence. The US$ 32.70 million project is implemented by Winrock International in collaboration with five other Nepali and US based organizations: Center for Environmental and Agricultural Policy, Research, Extension and Development (CEAPRED), Development Project Service Center (DEPROSC), Digital Green, Siddhartha Inc, and Overseas Strategic Consulting (OSC).
KISAN II aims to work with private sector firms, input suppliers, Millers, and private sector change agents etc.; whoever are playing a catalyst role in agriculture productivity, competitive market systems, a stronger enabling environment to agriculture sector business growth and literacy skills. KISAN II will focus on 20 districts in the West, Mid-West and Far-West regions and four earthquake-affected districts in the Central region (Feed the Future Zone(s) of Influence 1 and II respectively).
The Sr. Communications and Outreach Manager will be responsible for the KISAN II communications strategy, including consistency and effectiveness of messages, and will produce internal communications (reports, success stories etc). S/he will carry out the following responsibilities under the direct responsibility of the Chief of Party.
• Develop comprehensive KISAN II internal and external communications strategy per USAID and Winrock internal policies and guidelines;
• Assist in the preparation of KISAN II communications materials (reports and success stories, etc.), ensuring high-quality, consistent and effective messages;
• Contribute ideas and content to monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
• Prepare communications materials (handouts, brochures, presentations) as requested by the COP, WI Home Office staff, or USAID;
• Work with the COP and KISAN II Component Managers to identify and verify achievements and stories to be included in communications pieces;
• Use social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to reach a broader target population with messages about KISAN II achievements and impacts, publicize events, etc.;
• Work with the communications subcontractor to ensure that programmatic content developed for dissemination via radio is consistent with KISAN II’s communication strategy and is properly branded, etc.;
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
• Preferably Master’s degree in a relevant field such as Business Administration, Development, Journalism or related field;
• A minimum of five years of experience in developing project or organization level communication strategies, program updates, report other products for a variety of audiences. Prior USAID experience is strongly preferred.
• Experience in documentation of case studies, lesson learned, events, impacts and other communications materials
• Extensive report preparation and editing experience.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Strong computer software skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Strong communication skills, both written and written with fluency in both English and Nepali.
• Strong team player
Disclaimer: This position is contingent upon donor approval.
Last date to apply: July 10, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can post their cover letter and CV to Jobs.KISAN@winrock.org within COB July 10, 2019. Applicants should referenceSr. Communications & Outreach Manager in the subject line. Applications received after the stipulated date will not be entertained.
Source: Kantipur Dainik, 11 June 2019