Organization: PHASE Nepal
PHASE Nepal is a not for profit NGO established in 2006 by a group of development professionals dedicated to supporting poor communities in Humla, Bajura, Mugu, Gorkha, Dhading, Chitwan, Nuwakot, Kathmandu, and Sindhupalchok districts of Nepal. For the last 13 years, PHASE Nepal has been improving the livelihoods of rural people by providing immediate support through health care and education services, and create opportunities in communities for self-empowerment. Currently, PHASE Nepal’s projects on health, education, livelihoods, and reconstruction are funded by a number of institutional and individual donors from different countries. PHASE has around 200 staff working for different projects.
PHASE Nepal is currently looking for suitable candidates for the following position:
Position: Communication Officer
Duty Station: Centre Office, Kathmandu with frequent visit to PHASE Nepal’s Project Districts
Required Number: 1 (One)
• Deliver and evaluate the content across a range of communications channels including web-based media platforms, website content management system and social media channels
• Provide proactive internal and external communications support for the organization including overseeing and maintaining the organization’s social media channels
• Support to maximize external positive profile-building opportunities, and raise awareness of PHASE Nepal and its work with key stakeholders
• Write and disseminate communication material, respond to inquiries from the public and donors
• Frequent Visit to Project Areas to collect project activities related videos and photos
• Edit Videos and Photos collected from Project Areas or any events of the organization and create attractive and creative content for Website and social media pages of the organization
• Collect stories from the project areas, proofread and send it to the donors and other agencies as required.
• Ensure that all communications and imagery produced must be in line with the values of PHASE.
• Work with partners/donors to support fundraising campaigns in Austria, UK, and elsewhere.
• Identify and resolve minor issues on the website.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION
• Bachelor Degree in any discipline
• Excellent written and spoken English and Nepali
• Excellent graphic/web (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) and Video editing skills
• Photography and Videography skills
• Familiarity with web design and publishing
• Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms
• Strong track record of producing content for and managing social media channels and website
• Previously written engaging and high-quality print and digital content for internal and external audiences
Salary and Benefits:
Basic Salary: NPR. 48,470 /- per month
In addition to Basic Salary, we offer Provident Fund, Gratuity, Festival Allowances, Food and Field Allowances (in accordance with the remoteness of the workstation), Medical Insurance, and Accidental Insurance.
Last date to apply: 11 October 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates meeting above mentioned criteria are requested to send their updated CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 11 October 2019. Please mention the applied position in the subject line.
PHASE Nepal is an equal opportunities employer and strictly follows the merit-based selection. Qualified female candidates or those from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply. PHASE reserves the right to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process.
No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing.