Organization: Nepal Red Cross Society
Nepal Red Cross Society manages CEHP (Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Program) in collaboration with Swiss Red Cross since 2001. The service of this program are implemented Mid-West Region (MWR) of Nepal. The core services of CEHP are Community Health and WASH, HIV prevention, sensitization of NCDs and strengthening capacity of Red Cross and community network. The program was mainly implemented in Jajarkot, Dang, Rukum, Rolpa and Dolpa districts in previous phase. The new phase-VII of the programme is being implemented from July 2018 to June 2021 with the continuation of two components-Health and WASH in Province 5 (Dang and Rolpa district) and Province Karnali (West Rukum and Kalikot district)
Nepal Red Cross Society, Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme (CEHP) Nepalgunj invites applications from suitable and qualified Nepali citizen for the following position.
Position: Finance and Admin Assistant
Level: 4 (Four)
Number required: One
Duty Station: To be worked at NRCS District Chapter, Rukum (West) Project site office located at Triveni Rural Municipality
Minimum Requirements: At least SLC/SEE(with one of account subject) passed from recognized institution. Preference will be given to candidate passed 10+2 in commerce/management. At least 1 year of extensive practical experience in the field of development program in finance and administrative sector. Good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Need excellent communication, facilitation and motivational skills. Ability to communicate and write reports both in English and Nepali languages. Computer skills include use of accounting software system and use of office applications. Age bar is 18-35 yrs.
Contract period is for one year with possibility of extension.
Women and candidates from disadvantaged/marginalized groups/communities are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply: Interested candidates may submit their applications along with latest bio-data, together with a recent photo with details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 03, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be called at Nepalgunj office for further selection process.
The Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme(CEHP) is implemented by the Nepal Red Cross Society (NRCS) with the support of Swiss Red Cross (SRC). SRC has been providing financial and technical support to the program since 2001. The new phase-VII of the programme is being implemented from July 2018 to June 2021, which has two components-Health and WASH.
Under the direct supervision of NRCS Rukum District Chapter and Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme (CEHP)employee supports to maintain financial and administrative procedures, and update the accounts in the project’s accounting software system as prescribed by the rules, regulation and guideline of Programmein a timely, efficient and sensible manner. The employee should report to his/her immediate line manager.
The employee is expected to work with the highest degree of moral behavior and conduct adhering to the Red Cross Movement Code of Conduct and seven principles. The code of conduct is integral part of the working contract.
Detailed scope of work includes:
- Collect the financial documents from the field, verify the documents, carry out book keeping and prepare necessary vouchers.Prepare monthly financial reports and submit e-copy and hard copies of the reports including supporting documents to the concerned authorities on time.
- Ensure proper recording of all financial approvals, invoices/receipts/cheques, financial reports.
- Support to prepare the project level different agreements and record properly
- Prepare Fund request sheet and monthly financial reports and submit to the concerned authorities on time.
- Assist to his/her line manager and team to review the expenditure status and also to prepare the budget plan.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statement,
- Provide logistic support to the team members to conduct the workshops, trainings and different activities in the field.
- Support in procurement, administrative and logistic related activities.
- Ensure timely maintenance of general services of project assets and maintain logbooks as per need.
- Oversee all financial operations including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, and procurement process.
- Keep leave records and time sheet of the staff and maintain proper filing of the documents.Support in internal, external, physical audit of the project.
- Make visit to the programme areas to monitor and observe progress and analyze with the financial aspects.