Company: IME Group
The IME Group is one of the leading business conglomerates in Nepal established in 2001, and has made its investments in banking, remittance, trading, IT, communications, energy, tourism, automobiles, insurance and infotainment with an investment outlay of US $100 million. All its businesses are pioneering in their respective areas and are surging ahead in the country’s business landscape.
Spearheaded by the visionary leadership of Mr. Chandra Prasad Dhakal, Mr. Hem Raj Dhakal and steered by more than 3,000 highly efficacious human capital, IME Group has surged from its humble beginnings as a financial company into a multi-industry business group with a global focus.
When it comes to the financial markets of Nepal, IME group is proud to take a lead in; remittance, banking, digital finance, investment and insurance. Having one of the largest ‘A’ class national level commercial bank in terms of capital and network, the group pioneers in the remittance sector. Similarly, IME Group is setting its mark in Infotainment, Information Technology, Automobiles, Tourism and Hospitality sector with Dish Home, Swift Technology, IME Automotives, IME Travels and Chandragiri Hills respectively.
Position: Financial Control Specialist
Number of Vacancies: 1
Education Level : Bachelor
Experience Required : More than or equals to 3 years
Legally incorporated entities or individuals fulfilling the following Minimum Qualifications are eligible to apply. Entities applying to the position should provide the details of staff, proposed to be employed
• The person proposed should be a certified auditing professional with at least three years of relevant experience post to completion of professional qualification
• The service provider should have adequate exposure in designing the accounting process for large scale private corporations, certification and reporting of expenses
• Fluent in English, have the ability to compile detailed reports in good English
• Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations in Nepal, and an understanding of donor requirements
• High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
• Establish prudent processes and procedures to record project expenses; develop an internal control mechanism for IME Digital Solution Ltd using available internal resources
• Review the internal accounting/financial policies, identify any areas that need to be amended for the project and ensure that the IME Digital Solution Ltd.’s internal policies/processes adequately cover all the project activities
• Orient and train the staff involved in managing finance to ensure they are following the agreed accounting system to be used for the project expenditure
• Perform periodic audits including risk management and control management over the Challenge Fund Investment Partner’s effectiveness, check financial reliability and compliance of investment partner returns to all applicable directives and regulations. Reports of audits should be directly submitted to the Challenge Fund Manager highlighting the key issues and recommended course of action
• Assess the progress made by the investment partners to comply with the approval conditions/ remarks given and where necessary suggest the technical interventions needed from Sakchyam
• Evaluate IME Digital Solution Ltd.’s accounting documentations in their relevant premises and submit the certified expense report to the Challenge Fund Manager on monthly basis.
• Certify funds to be released by Sakchyam to IME Digital that comply with the grant approval conditions
• Give independent advice and objectivity to ensure validity of claims; access achievement of pre-determined milestones
• Identify potential improvement area in the process and recommend risk aversion measures; as well as cost savings to maintain value for money
• Conduct follow up audits to monitor recommended interventions with investment partner
• The Service Provider will report to the Challenge Fund Manager at UKaid Sakchyam Access to Finance Programme
• Documented project accounting mechanism, financial control system, and policy addendums to IME Digital Solution Ltd.’s existing policies
• A detailed guideline to IME Digital Solution Ltd on recording project expenses
• Monthly Report on partner audit highlighting progress, eligible project expenses, and management letter on audit issues
• Quarterly Certification of project expenses
Last date to apply: 31st July 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a maximum 4 page proposal specifying the evidences of fulfilling the above mentioned criteria and related experience of undertaking similar works in last two years, profile of key persons to be involved; proposed daily rates, incorporation, financial, and tax clearance documents by entities; and any other documents demonstrating eligibility for the position. The proposals and related documents should be submitted email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (both mandatory) specifying the email subject line as “Application for Financial Control Specialist”.
Deadline to submit the Application: 31st July 2019