Organization: Care Nepal
CARE Nepal is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. CARE has been operational in Nepal since 1978 and works in partnerships with government and non-government stakeholders across the spectrum of humanitarian action and long-term development programs.
CARE Nepal hereby invites applications from interested candidates for the following position.
Position: Coordinator – Design Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (DMEL) and Knowledge Management (KM)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location : Kathmandu
The Coordinator – DMEL (Design, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning) & KM (Knowledge Management) will lead CARE Nepal’s Design, Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Knowledge Management function to enhance programme learning, quality and its effectiveness. S/he will be responsible for providing leadership, capacity building, systems strengthening, and guidance to programme staff to support quality MEL/KM processes, and leading initiatives to capture results, build evidence of impacts, and encourage institutional learning across programmes. S/he will lead overall management of systems, processes and practices across CARE Nepal programs to promote evidence based program design, adaptive learning, outcome focus, reflective practice and genuine accountability to impact populations, donors and key stakeholders.
S/he will manage CARE Nepal contributions to global MEL processes including PIRS and other MEL/KM initiatives. S/he will work closely with CARE Nepal Resource Mobilisation team, Program Resources & Approaches team, Communications and Outreach Team, and other programme management teams to disseminate organizational learning and scale up/replicate good practices. S/he will participate in Senior Leadership Team. S/he will be responsible for effective management and capacity building of DMEL & KM team. S/he is required to transfer MEL knowledge and skill to all the units concerned including our external implementing partners to ensure consistency of the DMEL/KM throughout the organisation and its partners.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s Degree in relevant field such as knowledge management, research, social science and analysis, or equivalent; ideally with a strong focus on social research and learning.
• At least 7 years relevant experience in MEAL management role in international development programming context with demonstrated experience in both quantitative and qualitative methods.
Skills and Knowledge
• Excellent verbal and written language skills in English required; Nepali language desirable
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, training and facilitation skills
• Excellent experience in designing and establishing/strengthening systems for knowledge and data management
• Very strong conceptual thinking and analytical skills
• Demonstrated people management and supervisions skills including coaching capacity development
• Strong knowledge of, and experience in using, different qualitative and quantitative research, monitoring and evaluation tools, practices and techniques to assess project and programme impact and generate knowledge management and learning
• Demonstrated capacity in strengthening gender and inclusion across MEL processes and systems
• Computer skills, including knowledge of relevant software e.g. Microsoft office 365 applications including SharePoint; (SPSS or related data analysis software would be an advantage)
• Experience working on MEL processes on one or more of CARE’s thematic areas (Humanitarian response; Food and Nutrition Security; Sexual Reproductive Health Rights; Women’s Economic Empowerment; Life Free from Violence).
Last date to apply: 12 June 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit our website at www.carenepal.org and complete the application process. Detailed job description is available in our website. The last date for submitting the application is 17:00hrs, 12 June 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
“CARE Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently abled, to apply”
CARE places human dignity at the centre of its relief and development work. At the heart of CARE’s efforts to impact poverty and social justice is its engagement with marginalized communities, and vulnerable adults and children. Vulnerable adults and children are particularly at risk of sexual exploitation and abuse. CARE commits to the protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (PSHEA) of vulnerable adults, involving CARE Employees and Related Personnel. CARE has a zero tolerance toward sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse. CARE takes seriously all concerns and complaints about sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse involving CARE Employees and Related Personnel. CARE initiates rigorous investigation of complaints that indicate a possible violation of this policy and takes appropriate disciplinary action, as warranted.