Organization: CARE Nepal
CARE Nepal is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. CARE has been operational in Nepal since 1978 and works in partnerships with government and non-government stakeholders across the spectrum of humanitarian action and long-term development programs.
CARE Nepal hereby invites applications from interested candidates for the following position.
Position: Coordinator – Business Development
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location : Kathmandu
The Coordinator – Business Development will manage overall areas of business development and program design in line with the CARE Nepal Business strategy and Care International Vision 2030 priorities ensuring programmatic learning through knowledge management and impact assessment. This position is responsible for donor coordination and cultivation, including regular meetings with potential institutional, individual and private contractors. The scope of this position requires providing support to oversee areas of donor intelligence, proposal development, fundraising, and strengthen organizational profile. This position will lead development, update and implementation of CARE’s Resource Mobilization Strategy for Nepal to successfully deliver results, build/maintain relationships and secure fund from existing and potential funders/clients, and further support CARE Nepal’s thematic and delivery teams to produce timely and high quality funding applications and reports ensuring donor compliance and contractual requirements.
The position requires to work closely with the program thematic coordinators and the technical specialists during the design process and critical stages of the project cycle. The position will also work closely with the budget and human resources teams to ensure appropriate costing and resourcing for new funding proposals. In collaboration with the technical experts, s/he will ensure mainstreaming of gender, social inclusion, disaster risk reduction and conflict sensitivity as appropriate. S/he will maintain relationship with multiple government line ministries and CI members in view of understanding government policies plans and provisions and CI interest areas/expertise. This position is a key member of the CO Senior Management Team.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Sociology/ Economics / Development Management and/or other related fields.
• 10 years’ experience in the development sector with at least 7 years’ experience in project/ program design and development. Familiar with current development practices, policies and organizations in Nepal
Skill and Knowledge
• Strong knowledge and experience in project/program design and development.
• Proven analytical skills and the ability to think strategically in relation to business development.
• Experience of interpreting donor policies and guidelines and producing and/or making recommendations for producing high quality proposals
• Proven analytical skills and the ability to think strategically in relation to business development
• Demonstrable experience of researching, developing and nurturing relationships with various sector donor/clients.
• Ability to represent the organization’s work
• Numerate with some understanding of budgets.
• Understanding of project design tools and frameworks such as problem tree analysis, logical framework, theory of change and other.
• Experience in dealing with diverse donor(s)/client.
• Demonstrated skills in prioritizing task and meeting deadlines.
• Ability to work with virtual cross-functional teams.
• Experience working with multi-disciplinary team
• Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
• Fluency in English language (written and oral communication).
• Strong presentation and reporting skills.
• Familiar about international development goals and country strategies.
• Excellent writing, documentation and dissemination skills.
• Strong ability to work in a team and coordinate tasks and responsibilities.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• In-depth knowledge on gender equity and diversity, and rights based programming.
• Ability to use computer applications.
Last date to apply: 12 June 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit our website at www.carenepal.org and complete the application process. Detailed job description is available in our website. The last date for submitting the application is 17:00hrs, 12 June 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
“CARE Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently abled, to apply”
CARE places human dignity at the centre of its relief and development work. At the heart of CARE’s efforts to impact poverty and social justice is its engagement with marginalized communities, and vulnerable adults and children. Vulnerable adults and children are particularly at risk of sexual exploitation and abuse. CARE commits to the protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (PSHEA) of vulnerable adults, involving CARE Employees and Related Personnel. CARE has a zero tolerance toward sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse. CARE takes seriously all concerns and complaints about sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse involving CARE Employees and Related Personnel. CARE initiates rigorous investigation of complaints that indicate a possible violation of this policy and takes appropriate disciplinary action, as warranted.