IT Network Engineer
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Department: Asia Technology
Experience: Mid Level
Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees). Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
This is a full-time position
The IT Network Engineer is responsible for operational support, enhancements, and project activities related to the network services and network devices. This position leverages the ITIL process (e.g. incident, problem, service request, and change management) to resolve issues with the network and meet business requirements. In this role, you are responsible for various administrative tasks such as ensuring the network devices and systems are in asset management, patched, and well documented. You are the liason for IT support staff, engineering teams, and end-users in support of business initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
- Research, configure, maintain, monitor, consult, and report on the following technical areas of focus:
-WAN service and maintenance
-LAN service and maintenance
-Wireless networking service and maintenance
-Routing and VLAN maintenance
-Point to point VPN and Client VPN Remote access service and maintenance
-Networked application maintenance
-Network services security
-Networked systems monitoring, auditing, and reporting
- Maintain, administer, and troubleshoot network operations on a day-to-day basis.
- Deploy, maintain, and consult regarding all network components, functions, naming conventions, and IP service implementations (IP schemes, VLANs, routing, DNS, wins, DHCP, IPsec, etc.)
- Support secured remote access infrastructure interconnectivity for network resources to the mobile worker, the home-office employee, and to external business partners.
- Evaluate and deploy supplemental networking tools and functionality as needed. Maintain parallel test lab for testing of new network products and disaster recovery situations.
- Act as 3rd level support and networking technology resource to the Service Desk and the IT field support teams. Collaborate with and provides guidance to Service Desk staff, client computing team, engineering teams, and others on network-related projects.
- Independently manage the execution of minor projects focused on delivering new system functionality, including the definition of deliverables and milestones, reporting the status of the projects, and coordination with internal business partners and external partners to deliver the projects on time and on budget.
- Perform tasks as assigned by the immediate manager to complete performance objectives and assist team members as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Education Required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as an IT network engineer in a corporate environment working with global networks.
- Deep knowledge and experience implementing and maintaining the following network technologies:
-Cisco hardware and operating systems, including Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus switching.
-Palo Alto Networks (PAN) firewall platforms and VPN solutions
-Network routing protocols, including TCP/IP and BGP.
-Meraki switch and access point experience and/or 802.11 a/b/g/n standards.
-WAN Optimization platforms (SilverPeak experience is a plus).
-Network services, QoS, and network hardware (i.e. switches, routers, firewalls, etc.) in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Basic knowledge of VMWare and working with virtualization technologies
- Desired experience supporting Windows and Linux implementations for DNS & DHCP servers
- Desired experience with non-Cisco switching platforms is preferred (e.g., Extreme Networks, Arista, etc.).
- Desired experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) VPCs, subnets, route tables, IGW, VGW, and EC2 is nice to have.
- Desired experience with 802.1x Network Access Control using Forescout is nice to have.
- Desired experience working with AAA infrastructure (cisco ISE, Forescout)
- Solid understanding of ITIL processes; ITIL Foundations certification is a nice to have.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to research and test solutions, and strong planning, and project coordination skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills (in English).
- Excellent communication, listening, and customer service skills.
Evening: 1 PM to 10 PM
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Differences make us better.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.fusemachines.com.