Website World Vision
Locations: Kusunti, KC Tower, Lalitpur, Nepal
Time type: Full time
Job requisition id: R6923
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Provide world class leadership of the IT function of WVI Nepal and being an enabler for the business priorities of the organization. Accountable for IT related activities by Maintaining organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, forecasting and supporting strategic plans of organization through implementing information technologies.
- Active, positive engagement with business to understand their business priorities and enable to achieve the business priorities by providing the needed IT expertise, support and planning and implementation.
- Understand the organizational business priorities and adapt IT to deliver the priority.
- Provide leadership to the team and represent IT in table discussions
- Engage with the Regional IT Director to understand the global IT process, standardization and strategic planning.
- Formalize and implement the Organizations IT strategies through policy implementation.
- Liaise with key external IT stakeholders and IT/technology partners/vendors during the assessment process.
- Manage and lead change management in terms of people, process and technology to efficiently adapt to the changing requirements.
- Establish usable, efficient and effective public and internal/WV infrastructure in Working locations.
- Advise & recommend on various emerging technology solutions, evaluate and assess the need of IT equipment and make recommendations
- IT orientation/training to staff either in-house or external depending on the requirement.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensure to provide prompt, consistent and correct customer support in line with the
- Global customer support standards
- Ensure proper handling and closing of the customer tickets
- Participate and train the team for Customer Service excellence
- Use and Monitor Micro Focus customer support platform for incident, problem and change management
- Ensure IT operations in all the locations of the WVIN offices
- Technologies & hardware/software solutions are functional and meet the Organisations requirements.
- Make sure that all software and hardware systems are suitable and efficient across all working areas.
- Ensure that ICT requirement (Connectivity, Internet, messaging and collaboration tools) are met in working locations as per need.
- Work with concerned staff to develop implement and maintain the digital systems required by WVIN within the WV GC IT guideline
- Technical readiness assessment report for global applications & information systems
- Infrastructural upgrade in terms of connectivity, bandwidth & IT infrastructure as needed.
- Successful implementation & operation of global applications & information systems
- Networking with counterparts in other WV offices to find already existing solutions to WVIN business functions in order to implement cost-effective solutions.
- Ensure that the right equipment in the right numbers are procured and maximizes the use of IT assets to meet the needs of the organization
- Timely support of IT requirement as per need of offices/projects.
- Immediate, acceptable & minimum required Implementation/Solution in case of emergencies
- Set up and provide personal productivity devices (computers, mobile devices, etc.) in line with organizational policies.
- Installation/configuration & repair/maintenance of critical IT equipments like servers, Router/Firewall, Internet connection devices and remote backup.
- Design, deploy, maintain server infrastructure & services: Windows 2012 server, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, WDS, WSUS, File service
- Deploy & maintain VPN service
- Design, deploy, maintain Virtualisation server infrastructure using VMware
- VMs Administration
- Ensure Backups of VMs
- Provisioning & de-provisioning of user accounts, rights & permissions management on network resources
- Put in place sustainable ICT support services and help-desk.
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes.
- Maintain updated online database/tool of desktops, laptops, printers & critical equipment’s along with software license records of all working areas.
- Establish and maintain an IT Assets tracking system and maintenance plan.
- Authorized user access to concerned data & IT systems
- Regular backup of WVIN server data
- Ensure vulnerabilities are fixed as per VAPT report.
- Develop and maintain security systems to ensure network, systems, application and data security
- Real time monitoring system of ICT devices/assets to ensure the maximum productivity of devices.
- Ensuring of proper usages of device and licenses.
- Awareness on Data security, Web usage,
- Information security on staffs.
- Ensure Regular Backup of Critical Data at DRR site.
- Take lead in Infosec training and execution for the organisation.
- Ensure data protection and secure data in line with local data security policies by closely working with the global Infosec
Knowledge / Qualifications for the Role:
- At least 5-year relevant work experience with Bachelor degree in Electronics/Computer Engineering/IT or related field.
- Good knowledge on providing support on implemented digital solutions. Able to explorer and research problem and have problem solving nature.
- System administration (MS windows server 2010,2016), LAN/WAN administration and MS 365 suite.
- Good interpersonal, problem solving & time management skills
- Willingness to work under pressure with tight deadlines and to travel across the project areas.
- Master’s degree in Electronics/Computer Engineering/IT or related field
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certification. ITIL. Project Management Professional (PMP)
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.