Website World Food Programme
Internship Programme for Women, Information Technology
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP as a contribution towards basic subsistence costs NPR 68,187.45.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, and related costs.
- The Internships are usually for an initial period of six (6) months up to a maximum period of (8) months.
- The internships will be located in WFP Office in Lalitpur, Kathmandu, Nepal
WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of people affected by disasters, conflict, epidemics/pandemics and more. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 100 million people with food assistance in 83 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas. WFP Nepal has been implementing its five-year Country Strategic Plan (CSP) 2019-2023. It contributes to five Strategic Outcomes that are aligned to five Strategic Results of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) 2 (Zero Hunger) and SDG 17 (Partnerships for Development).
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Nepal of the Bureau for Asia & the Pacific (RBB). The position will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal. The Internship will be for an initial period of six months starting from ASAP.
Assisting more than 90 million people in 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
WFP has been working in the country since 1963, supporting the Government to develop greater food security among vulnerable communities and build resilience to disasters. WFP’s work in Nepal primarily targets the most food insecure, those in the hard-to-reach districts of the Mid- and Far-Western Hills and Mountains.
OBJECTIVES OF THE WFP INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME FOR WOMEN IN Nepal
- Enhance the educational experience for recently graduated students through practical and guided hands-on exposure and involvement in WFP activities.
- Expose the interns to an international work environment.
- Gain a better understanding of the United Nations through experience in the World Food Programme (WFP) Nepal.
- Allow WFP to benefit from dynamic and innovative ideas arising from recently graduated students.
- Build a pipeline of qualified and talented women for future employment opportunities.
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
WFP Nepal is currently seeking applications for upcoming internship opportunities in the area of Information Technology.
- This Internship Programme for Women in Nepal is restricted to Nepali nationals;
- Eligible candidates must have completed a minimum of a University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree of its equivalent) in Computer Science of another relevant field and have recently graduated in the last 12 months’ in Computer Science or other relevant field;
- Eligible candidates must be fluent in English.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for applications is Monday, 13 December 2021.
Only the shortlsited candidates will be contacted.