Website World Vision
Innovation Business Partner
Kusunti, KC Tower, Lalitpur, Nepal
Job Requisition Id
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
The Innovation Business Partner will:
- Be the technical lead in the development of mobile and web applications. She or he should be able to code, technically troubleshoot the platforms, liaise with remote teams, deploy the application and process, design new add-ons and prepare the documents and user manuals for the new innovative products and services;
- Support the management of existing (innovation) projects in NLab, and support the process of ideation, prototyping and scaling new innovations based on Design Thinking Principles (empathise, define, ideate, prototype, test, and scale). She or he will be involved in the implementation of the Lab’s digital strategy and in fostering partnerships amongst a diverse set of stakeholders; national and international both in Nepal and beyond;
- Need to have a strong understanding and previous experience in using/ implementing technology (and technology-related solutions) to humanitarian and/or development challenges. Specialisation in Software Development, Blockchain, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence etc. will be preferred.
Required Professional Experience: At least three years of experience in computer programming, technological solution development, coding and coordinating innovation processes.
Required Education, training, license, registration and certification: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Application, Information Technology, Data Science, Software Development or related field
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Experience in compiled programming languages;
- Experience in troubleshooting technology problems;
- Knowledge in developing Blockchain-based applications;
- Experience in web and mobile application development
- Proven willingness to learn about new and evolving technology;
- Proven track record of managing activities, resources, equipment and information to ensure excellence in operations in complex project environment;
- Strong creative capacity across communications and problem solving, and the ability to challenge the status quo through creative and design processes;
- Ability to work with inter-disciplinary teams to craft IT solutions;
- Ability to communicate complex information to a non-technological audience;
Travel and/or Work Environment: 15% – 30% within and outside Nepal
Note: Nepal Innovation Lab’s flexible working hours will accommodate diverse backgrounds and needs. All groups are encouraged to apply.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.