Organization: Ipas Nepal
Ipas Nepal is a non-profit international organization that works to increase women’s ability to exercise their Sexual and Reproductive Health, especially the Right to Safe Abortion. We seek to eliminate Unsafe Abortion and the resulting deaths and injuries and to expand women’s access to Comprehensive Abortion Care, including contraception and related reproductive health information and care.
Position: Retainer Law Firm/Legal Advisor
Period: From October 2019 till June 2020 (with the possibility of extension)
We are seeking for a highly qualified and experienced Retainer Law Firm (Legal Advisor) who will provide the following services as required by Ipas Nepal:
• Review policies, contracts, MOU or any other documents to ensure legal compliance with applicable national laws.
• Review HR Policy provide input with compliance to the labor law and provide Legal endorsement of Ipas Nepal’s Human Resource Policy documents.
• Regularly advise Ipas Nepal on the legal regime governing INGOs in Nepal.
• Provide legal advice and professional solutions on matters including, but not limited to contracts, labor, employment, tax, insurance, etc.
• Ensure that Ipas Nepal fulfills all the required legal statutory and regulatory compliances.
• Review the applicable acts on Health Sector, specifically the safe motherhood and reproductive health right act and its related regulations.
• Draw up the formalities for the amicable settlement of arbitration and disputes which may arise during contracts implementation; analyzing complex situations and disputes in contracts including dispute resolution.
• Engage in preparing and translating legal documents.
• Provide legal advice/support in other areas as requested by Ipas Nepal.
• Act as Ipas Nepal’s legal representative in the court litigation, official transactions and other matters in which legal advice and other assistance is required.
Required Professional Experiences:
• Preference will be given to Legal Firms with extensive experience and knowledge on the legal regime governing INGOs in Nepal with at least ten years of experience.
• The applicant Legal Firm is requested to quote their hourly service rate, or daily service rate for the long-term Retainer Legal Advisory assignment with Ipas Nepal.
• Interested Law Firms are encourged to apply with their company profile, VAT certificate, tax clearance document and profile of their team members along with a covering application letter
Last date to apply: 1 October 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application to the following email address: email@example.com
Application deadline 1 October 2019
Ipas Nepal reserves all rights to make the final selection decision. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained. Canvassing at any stage of the process shall lead to automatic disqualification.