Organization: Palladium Group
Position: Research Coordinator
Work Location: Kathmandu
Location: Country Nepal
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Economic Policy Incubator (EPI), launched in 2016 in Nepal, is a programme jointly sponsored by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and Nepal’s Ministry of Finance. It is implemented by Palladium, in partnership with South Asia Watch on Trade, Economics & Environment (SAWTEE) and the Overseas Development Institute (ODI)
EPI’s main objective is to strengthen economic policies and policy processes, support a better regulatory environment and harness investment in order to create quality jobs and achieve higher and sustainable economic growth. EPI works with the Government of Nepal (GoN) to help improve the technical quality of policies, regulations and procedures, improve policy processes and build the capacity of key stakeholders to achieve stronger economic governance.
Research Coordinator will be the primary point of communication/coordination for Province Two. S/he will support research, analysis and consultation activities undertaken by EPI, including planning and management of key events. This is a full-time position and will report to the Deputy Team Leader.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities
• Support ongoing research and engagement by arranging meetings with local stakeholders and collecting documents/information from relevant sources
• Organize and conduct meetings, interactions and workshops as necessary, including logistic support
• Prepare notes/minutes of meetings/workshops
• Hold discussion with stakeholders to communicate about EPI processes for potential engagements and interventions.
• Ensure coordination and administrative assistance for project implementation
• Build working relationships with government authorities, private sector actors and civil society oranisations
• Represent EPI at external meetings as agreed with senior management
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports drawing on current status and plan of ongoing projects
• Relevant Academic qualification in related field
• Sufficient experience in development sector research
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Working experience with government agencies, donor agencies, private sector and civil society would be an advantage
• Good command in written and spoken Nepali and English.
• Proficiency in MS Office package, especially MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Readiness to travel when required
Last date to apply: 8 July 2019