Organization: Pact Nepal
Pact, a non-profit organisation based in Washington, DC, is implementing a DFID-funded Social Accountability in the Health Sector (SAHS) project, which focuses on ensuring more effective and responsive health governance and delivery, linked with wider political accountability and reform processes, and improved coherence and effectiveness of social accountability initiatives.Pact has an immediate need for highly competent Nepali citizen to fill the following position.
Position: Research and Social Accountability Manager: 1 position
Research and Social Accountability Manager will support ongoing research and performance management needs of the project. S/he will be responsible for the coordination of short term technical assistance and consultants working on the project’s analytical deliverables, as well as the coordination with relevant stakeholders such as the government and civil society organisations. The Research and Social Accountability Manager will report to the project Team Leader.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in the development of the project’s analytical deliverables focused on social accountability mechanisms in the health sector, which may include a situational analysis and mapping of social accountability initiatives in the health sector, political economy analysis and other assessments as needed.
• Support ongoing project research needs, including periodic assessments and scans of social accountability mechanisms in the health sector.
• Coordinate short term technical assistance and consultants engaged in the development of the project’s analytical deliverables, including drafting scopes of work, overseeing required outputs and providing quality assurance and guidance.
• Oversee project accountability mechanisms and performance management. Lead the monitoring of project deliverables, milestones and results.
• Ensure close coordination with other relevant initiatives and programmes in country.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with relevant stakeholders in Nepal.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Advanced degree (Masters) in a relevant field, such as health, public policy, public administration.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a relevant research/analytical role in the governance and/or health sector.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct analyses, lead research tasks and develop recommendations based on findings.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and oversee multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationship with stakeholders in Nepal.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving and ethical management.
• Professional level English ability – both written and oral.
• Prior experience in Nepal.
• Prior experience with DFID programmes.
• Prior experience with political economy analysis, situational analysis and stakeholder mapping.
Last date to apply: April 03, 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
please submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by April 03, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. Pact reserves the right to cancel or postpone the selection of candidates. Phone calls will not be accepted.
Women and persons from marginalized and disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply.