Organization: Ipas Nepal
Ipas works globally to increase women’s ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights and to reduce abortion-related deaths and injuries. We seek to expand the availability, quality and sustainability of abortion and related reproductive health services, as well as improve the enabling environment for the services. Ipas believes that no woman or girl should have to risk her life or health because she lacks safe reproductive health choices.
Position: Province Coordinator
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Province-Far West
The Province Coordinator position is a designated field level position. S/he will be assigned to Province Health Directorate Office. The overall job responsibilities of Province Coordinator are to ensure the effective implementation of safe abortion program activities in the assigned province and carry on Ipas Nepal work plan activities in close coordination with Provincial health representatives and district/local level stakeholders. Province Coordinator is based on the provincial health office and approximate 60% field visit activities. The Province Coordinator will be under the direct supervision of the Senior Program Advisor and report to the supervisor on monthly basis. The Province Coordinator is a supervisory position and will supervise the Cluster Coordinator.
Key Roles and Responsibilities are:
• Program planning, monitoring and implementation
• Programmatic support to Ipas Nepal’s intervention Health Facilities
• Coordination and Advocacy with respective government agencies for program integration, collaboration and ownership
• Monitoring, reporting/documentation, financial management and internal communication
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
• Master’s degree in related field, with preference to candidates with Master’s in Public Health
• Work experience in sexual and reproductive health
• Must have at least four years working experience in coordinating district/province/local level health system or similar types of program
• Excellent knowledge on reproductive health program and preference will be given to candidates who have prior work experience in safe abortion program
• Knowledge and skills on the use of program data for improving program performance
• Knowledge on quality improvement process in health sector
• Sound coordination and communication skills must be a team player who is self-motivated and motivates his/her team
• Good Computer Skill on Microsoft Office
• Good interpersonal skills including report writing and presentation skills
• Willing to travel in the field and in remote areas approximately 60% time in the field using public transportation
• Residence of program province/districts or familiar with the local context will be given preference
Last date to apply: Sunday 22 December 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
• For the detailed position responsibilities, educational and professional requirements, the interested and eligible candidates are requested to visit Ipas website
• Candidates interested to apply for the Province Coordinator position should submit application along with up-to-date curriculum vitae with subject as “Application for Province Coordinator”
• Please make an online application and submit your documents through the links given: https://ipas.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Ipas/job/Nepal-Kathmandu/Province-Coordinator_R156
Detailed TOR for the position is uploaded in Ipas Nepal website: https://nepal.ipas.org/category/vacancy/
Application Deadline: Sunday 22 December 2019.
Equal Opportunity and Commitment to Diversity
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
We value all staff and strive to make employment at Ipas enjoyable and satisfying. As part of our commitment, we will not tolerate any form of discrimination towards employees, or applicants.
Qualified women candidates and candidates particularly from disadvantaged and socially excluded groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained. Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification and Ipas Nepal reserves the rights on the final candidate selection.