Organization: Heifer International Nepal
Position: Project Coordinator
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for completion of all activities and deliverables of the project ‘Strategies to increase milk consumption among children of rural Nepal”, a project funded by USAID-FtF-UF-LSIL S/he will work in close collaboration and coordination with the Heifer Nepal Program team, project partners, cooperatives and local technicians. In addition, s/he will also contribute in scale-up of learnings for the wider benefit of farmers. This position is based at Cluster Office, Nepalgunj and requires frequent travel to project sites in Baridya, Dang and Surkhet districts for 12 months.
• A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Human Nutrition or Veterinary Science / Animal Husbandry or Public Health, plus Five (5) years of job-related experience is required. Or
• A Master’s Degree or equivalent in Human Nutrition or Veterinary Science / Animal Husbandry or Public Health with at least Two (2) years of job-related experience is required
• Other job-related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements.
• Previous working experience in research works will be an added advantage.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
• Knowledge of and experience in working with livestock programs
• Knowledge of and experience with or within community organizations
• Competency in both speaking and writing skills on national language/s and English-
• Good leadership qualities
• Good communication skills
• Have an interest in animals/agriculture/community development
• Excellent organizational skills including strong attention to detail
• Skills with Microsoft Office package, internet browser, and other appropriate technology
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
• Motivated to work responsibly with little supervision – major tasks in field where independent expert decisions have to be made.
• Ability to meet and deal with others in a courteous and tactful manner.
• Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity.
• Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
• Ability and willingness to work with a flexible schedule.
• Willingness and ability to travel extensively.
• Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork and cooperation.
• Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity.
Lead implementation of project activities at field level (50%)
• Orient communities on project concept/ objectives, roles and responsibilities of cooperatives and eligible participating members
• Lead GHP adherence survey
• Coordinate Nutrition Training
• Train HH members for accurate data keeping- milk production and consumption as per project design
• Ensure proper record keeping at household level
• Participate in periodic meeting at communities and at Heifer Office
• Follow the guidance from Technical Lead and PI and act accordingly
• Facilitate baseline, midline and end line survey
Project Planning (20%)
• Prepare detail project implementation plan as envisioned in the project document in consultation with PI and Technical Lead
• Visit project sites/ cooperatives and HHs
• Confirm the HHs having at least one child age between 6-60 months
• Prepare manual for implementation of project activities in coordination with project team
• Support in procurement of necessary equipment
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual report in prescribed format
• Report ongoing field activities/ recommendations for correction (if any)
• Coordinate with local government and other stakeholders
• Coordinate with Heifer staff in the cluster and country office for effective implementation of project activities
Other job relevant duties as assigned
Last date to apply: 10 June 2019
HOW TO APPLY
A Cover letter mentioning expected salary along with application form (download from www.heifernepal.org), latest curriculum-vitae, a recent passport size photograph, a copy of citizenship certificate should be submitted at the following address by 10th June, 2019. For details of Job Description please visit our website http://www.heifernepal.org.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Heifer International Nepal
P.O. Box: 6043, Kathmandu