Position: Program Coordinator
Position Type: Full Time
Probation Period: 3 months
Number of Positions: One
Location: Yangon with periodic travel to Program implementation
Swisscontact is a business-oriented independent foundation for international development cooperation. It is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland and represented in 36 countries with over 1,400 employees. Swisscontact has been promoting economic, social and environmental development since 1959.
In Myanmar, Swisscontact is registered as an international NGO.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting the development of new projects and supporting ongoing projects for Swisscontact Myanmar.
• Support the development of new projects for Swisscontact in Myanmar.
• Support to manage Swisscontact’s development projects in Myanmar.
• Provide technical support as required.
• Adhere to the overall quality assurance measures of Swisscontact.
New Project Development
• Be familiar with Swisscontact’s private sector development strategy, approach, thematic areas and competencies.
• Support to manage and further develop new projects for Swisscontact in Myanmar.
• Support new project start-ups: project set ups, recruitment, capacity building of new staff, among others.
• Support closing of completed projects and ensure documentation, reviews, among others.
Research, intelligence gathering and proposal preparation
• Scan multi- and bi-lateral donor landscape and keep updated records.
• Consult relevant websites and conduct in person meetings to collect intelligence on upcoming acquisition opportunities.
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive list of private foundations and corporations who can be potential donors for Swisscontact.
• Research latest trends in pro-poor private sector development and keep one-self updated.
• Gather relevant information through secondary research and in person interviews for new project proposals to be prepared for donors.
• Develop new project concepts and proposals.
• Support projects in terms of latest instruments, methodologies and tools regarding Private Sector Development (PSD).
• Support capacity building efforts of projects targeted at internal staff and also partners and facilitators.
• Support the improvement of internal documentation such as sector reports, intervention reports, and annual reports. Networking
• Develop and maintain networking with government and non-government entities.
• Develop a network of national and international contacts, which are relevant to Swisscontact Myanmar’s new project development.
• Maintain CVs of national and international experts. Representation
• Represent Swisscontact and its projects towards outside.
• Promote Swisscontact as competent project partner towards potential donors. Time Involvement The incumbent shall be engaged at 100% capacity.
Required qualifications, experience and competencies Qualifications
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in management, economics, anthropology or any other relevant field.
• Work experience of at least 3 years in the development cooperation and/or private sector.
• Excellent communication skills in both English and Burmese (verbal and written).
• Excellent networking skills in the private and public sector.
• Creative thinker with innovative ideas.
• Ability to conduct independent research and intelligence gathering.
• Ability to deliver high quality outputs within deadlines in a dynamic work environment.
Workplace The workplace is located in Swisscontact country office in Yangon, but work may also involve travels within and outside of Myanmar.
Last date to apply: 31 May 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit CVs with a motivation letter/cover letter in English including three (3) referees to email@example.com not later than 5:30 PM (Yangon time) on 31 May 2019. If preferred, hard copies can be submitted to the following address:
Swiss Foundation for Technical Cooperation HR Department 437(B), Pyay Road (next to Summer Palace Hotel), Kamaryut Township, Yangon, 11041, Myanmar. Office phone: +95 9 892 507 300
Please note that:
• Swisscontact respects gender equality and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview