Organization: Ipas Nepal
Ipas Nepal is a non-profit international development organization that works to increase women’s ability to exercise their Sexual and Reproductive Health, especially the Right to Safe Abortion and Contraception. We seek to eliminate Unsafe Abortion and the resulting deaths and injuries and to expand women’s access to Comprehensive Abortion Care, including contraception and related reproductive health information and care.
Ipas Nepal invites applications from interested Nepalese candidates for the below mentioned position for its UK’s Department for International Development (DfID) funded Nepal Family Planning Project (NFPP) on “Addressing Unmet Need for Family Planning among Excluded and Vulnerable Women” implemented in partnership with Marie Stopes International (MSI). One of the outputs of the NFPP project is improved policy environment to expand access to quality FP services for poor and hard-to-reach women, men and adolescents. Therefore, in order to achieve this Ipas Nepal, under the aegis and leadership of Family Welfare Division (FWD)– intends to conduct a study on the acceptability and feasibility of Sayana Press by women in Nepal.
Position: Program and Research Officer
Required number: 1
Project: Nepal Family Planning Project
Department: Research Monitoring and Evaluation Unit
Duration: 1 June 2019 to 30 June 2020
Reporting: Sr. RME Advisor
• Assist in the development of work plans and study documents including training manuals,
• Assist with collection, recording and reporting of research data according to study protocols, coordination of data management and oversee the data entry,
• Contribute in data cleaning and data analysis,
• Monitor, supervise and provide technical assistance to partner NGOs and research assistant,
• Travel to study sites to complete site evaluations,
• Ensure timely follow-up of the study participants and ensure compliance with key deliverables, if required
• Track progress of projects including recruitment of research assistant, operational research activities and documentation
• Ensure research component is being conducted congruent with NHRC ethical guidelines
• Contribute to desk review and literature review
• Facilitate training/workshop/orientation sessions in collaboration with local partners and prepare report capturing discussion points, recommendations and next steps
• Maintain effective coordination with local stakeholders and other relevant implementing partners of the project and ensure timely, high quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities and deliverables.
• Prepare regular reports and presentation for variety of purposes and audience, summarize evidences, recommendations for improving project outcome
• Performs other related functions assigned from time to time by Manager, RME Unit
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
• Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, clinical research or other related health science disciplines.
• At least five years of experience in research, evaluation that focus on the reproductive areas such as family planning, sexual and adolescent health etc.
• Experience of operational research will be an asset.
• Good oral and written communication skills in both English and Nepali languages.
• Willing to frequently travel in the project areas
Last date to apply: May 24, 2019