Organization: KTK- BELT Project
KTK-BELT (www.belt-project.org) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization registered in the United States in 2014 to catalyze new models of biodiversity conservation and environmental learning in eastern Nepal. Its mission is to work with teachers, farmers, youth, and women to create a ‘Vertical University’ that will span from Koshi Tappu Wildlife Sanctuary (67 m.) to Kanchenjunga (8,586 m.), the third tallest peak in the world. The core objective is to give a framework to local farmers to become ‘professors’ of the Vertical University in order to teach their vast indigenous knowledge to the new generation while conserving threatened species and landscapes. KTK-BELT works with non-profit cooperatives based in rural municipalities called ‘Learning Grounds.’ Each Learning Grounds, governed by a diverse local Board, owns its own biodiversity-rich conservation land base, which it holds in perpetuity in order to prevent ecosystem fragmentation and deforestation. Local BELT Youth Fellows, trained by KTK-BELT staff, run and administer the Learning Grounds.
Position: Office Assistant
Position and Scope of work
The incumbent will work closely with KTK-BELT Kathmandu team and assist Finance department in banking activities. He/She act as a liaison between governmental bodies and the organization. He/She will support the Kathmandu team in terms of correspondence and deliveries to the concerned government bodies.
Administrative Related Duties
• Ensure that all visitors are well received and attended to and that the office is kept clean
• Ensuring the adequate supply of suitable inputs such as equipment, stationery and other utilities as required
• Assist in coordination of activities for visitors to the field project and other sites including making hotel reservations and arranging transport in consultation with relevant officers
• Receive and transmit mail
• Receive and make telephone calls and keep records of these calls and the relevant accounts or projects to be charged
• Ensure that your supervisor and other officers on field trips receive necessary logistical support to make their trip/s successful
• Provide photocopying, scanning, and document binding services as requested
• Provide filing services, archiving and offer circulation of mail service within the office
• Assist in sale of produce for The Vertical Farm
• Assist in coordinating Vertical Farm home deliveries. Support the Vertical Farm coordinator in publicity, marketing and promotion.
• Work with the relevant officers to arrange materials for workshops/meetings.
• Organize a filing system for important and confidential company documents
• Support the finance officer in recording financial transactions in accounting software
• Ensure all inventories & assets of the organization are recorded and used properly in line with project activities.
HR Related Duties
• Ensure proper filing of personnel documents.
• Ensure proper record keeping of attendance and leave
• Assist in recruitment process documentation with assessment sheets
• Assist in proper induction for new employees
Key Qualification & Experience
• At least Bachelors of Business Studies/Management/Administration or Related Field
• 3+ years of prior experience in finance, accounting, and administrative work is mandatory
• Prior experience of working in a fast moving company or I/NGO environment would be a big advantage.
Special Skills and Competence
• Complete fluency in written and spoken English and Nepalese and typing skills in both languages
• Computer literacy including familiarity with MS-Excel and MS-Word
• Strong written and oral presentation skills in English and Nepali are required
• Highest degree of personal integrity
• Highly professional with strong interpersonal skills.
• Highest degree of gender and caste sensitivity is a must
• Female having two-wheeler is highly preferred
Remuneration: 14k- 18k plus benefits(Gratuity+Provident Fund)
• S/he will be provided with use of office space, desktop computer with Internet facilities, and office furniture. Necessary stationery, printing and copying facilities will also be provided.
Duty Station: Kathmandu with field visitation as per need
Duration: Contract: 1 year (Renewable, with initial 3-month trial)
Documents to be Submitted by the Application
• Cover Letter stating qualifications, work experience and salary expectation
• Professional Copy of academic certificates and/or other relevant documents
• Name, email, and phone number for 3 professional references
Last date to apply: January 31, 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘KTK-BELT Office Assistant ’ in the subject heading of the email