Organization: Ipas Nepal
Ipas Nepal is a non-profit international development organization that works to increase women’s ability to exercise their Sexual and Reproductive Health, especially the Right to Safe Abortion and Contraception. We seek to eliminate Unsafe Abortion and the resulting deaths and injuries and to expand women’s access to Comprehensive Abortion Care, including contraception and related reproductive health information and care.
Family Planning (FP) is one of the priorities programmes of the Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP) with an aim to foster equitable access and utilisation of quality FP services throughout the country. Over the years, Nepal has achieved a remarkable improvement in the reproductive health including FP services. However, despite this improvement, Contraceptive Prevalent Rate (CPR) in the country has been stagnant for decades. In addition, contraceptive knowledge and use is low while and Age specific Fertility Rate (ASFR) and unmet need for family planning is high among adolescent and youths because of various structural and socio-cultural barriers.
Research suggests that youths are most effectively reached with messaging on sensitive issues like family planning among others when it comes from their peers. To capitalise on that approach, Ipas Nepal intends to orient and mobilise students in grades 11 to 12 who are studying in rural areas and provide them with the knowledge and skills to be “Change Agents” and disseminate FP messages in their community. Accordingly, Ipas Nepal invites applications from interested Nepalese candidates for the below mentioned position for its UK’s Department for International Development (DfID) funded Nepal Family Planning Project (NFPP) on “Addressing Unmet Need for Family Planning among Excluded and Vulnerable Women” implemented in partnership with Marie Stopes International (MSI)/Sunaulo Pariwar Nepal for identifying and orienting youths in two of its the project districts namely Kavre and Dailekh. The youth activity will be conducted in 2 project districts: Dailekh and Kavre. Youth related orientation and mobilisation will take place in Dailekh and Kavre in the 5 clusters (in each district) comprising 20 youths in each cluster.
Position: National Program Manager
• Responsible to develop and implement the program strategies and workplans to ensure that country office program goal and objectives are aligned with Ipas mission, values and strategic plan
• Provide strategic oversight and guidance on program implementation to manage and execute programmatic work, ensuring high-quality project deliverables and outcomes
• Responsible for the overall management of project activities, their spending per annual operational plan to minimize surpluses or deficits
• Develop workplans and conduct routine program analyses, award compliance and sub-grantee management according to donor agreements
• Develop award budgets and track spending, using financial management tools, conducting regular review and analysis of financial data, and engaging the project teams to adjust the work plans
• Offers strategic and technical recommendations and ensure all programmatic issues are addressed in an effective and timely manner, including soliciting guidance from headquarters
• Adapt and implement organization-wide initiatives, systems, and policies; monitor for compliance with organizational policies
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
• Together with RM&E Lead to develop and implement country office and project level monitoring and evaluation plan according to Ipas strategic plan and project requirements
• Lead the proposal writing and donor agreements to manage and support donor reporting processes, including contributing to report documents and soliciting input from various project team members, ensuring quality and timely submission
• Conducts field visits to program sites to provide programmatic oversight and assistance
• Represent Ipas in program meetings with federal, province and local level governments representing Ipas among partners and key stakeholders and promoting Ipas’s mission through delivering presentations at relevant meetings and conferences
• Provide leadership in organization fund raising efforts through identification of fundraising opportunities for Ipas Nepal in line with Ipas vision, mission and strategic objectives
• Responsible to lead drafting donor reports, policy briefs, papers for publication as well as important policy and strategic documents of Ipas Nepal
• Ensure effective communication and routine collaboration between headquarters and the country office, keeping the Ipas Nepal team aware of relevant issues and significant program developments
• Interact with unit managers to meet their directives, share progress of work, resolve problems, and find alternate workable strategies
• Collaborate with headquarters’ Program Support Team and technical units in reference to allocation of resources, budgetary issues, for effective program implementation
• Work with Program Support Team on workplans, budget review, and development of proposals and donor reports
• Ensures effective communication and routine collaboration between headquarters’ and the country office, keeping staff members abreast of relevant issues
• Help to develop and maintain national and provincial level partnerships with donors, government, INGOs, NGOs, and others relevant stakeholders
Team Management and Strategic Support
• As a member of the Senior Management Team supervise unit leads in the technical and program units
• Provide leadership, supervision, support, guidance to the overall Ipas Nepal team when required
Required Education and Professional Experience:
• Masters degree (preferable doctorate) in Public Health and other relevant field of education
• With minimum of 10 years work experience of project/portfolio/country management experience of international organization
• With over 5-7 years of supervising experience handling large program teams with proven track record of successful team work
• Demonstrated experience and commitment on gender transformative programming in the sexual and reproductive health rights
• Comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts and practices in project management process-development and program execution
• Demonstrated experience in fundraising and maintaining relationship with institutional, individual and private donors
• Understanding and experience on SRHR in emergency
• Demonstrated experience in successfully overseeing sector specific or multi-sector project management and implementation
• Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience
• Working experience and familiarity of socio-political and federal context of Nepal
• Experience of policy advocacy focusing on sexual and reproductive rights in the federal context of Nepal
• Experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in natural and national and international scope
• Proven public relations, fundraising, policy, and diplomacy skills is required
• Strong consultative and negotiation skills
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to strategize, plan and manage resources for successful completion of projects
• Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others
• Ability to build strong positive working relationship with regional, national, government officials and multilateral bodies
• Has strong written and spoken communications skills in English and Nepali language
• Has good knowledge of Microsoft Office and exceptional excel skills
• Experience to operate in challenging work environment
• Willing to travel on field and international visit to to support project design, monitoring, evaluation and impact analysis
• Must be a Nepali national
Last date to apply: 11 December 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
• Interested candidates should submit application along with up-to-date curriculum vitae with subject as “Application for National Program Manager”.
• Please make an online application and submit your documents through the link given: https://ipas.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Ipas/job/Nepal-Kathmandu/National-Program-Manager_R139
Equal Opportunity and Commitment to Diversity
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
We value all staff and strive to make employment at Ipas enjoyable and satisfying. As part of our commitment, we will not tolerate any form of discrimination towards employees, or applicants.
Qualified women candidates and candidates particularly from disadvantaged and socially excluded groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained. Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification and Ipas Nepal reserves the rights on the final candidate selection.