Organization: VSO Nepal
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Position: Learning and Communication Specialist
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Contract type: Fixed Term
Job Type: Full Time, 38 hours per week
Application Closing Date: 4 Oct 2019
Interview Date: Soon as possible
Start Date: Soon as possible
Learning and Communication Specialist uses knowledge and skill gained thorough specialized education and experience for the production, management and communication of SAHAJ Knowledge products for internal and external communications in coordination with MEAL Manager.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
Essential criteria (must have to be able to carry out the role successfully)
Master’s degree in relevant field, preferably in mass communication; Proven experiences working in diverse multicultural team;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position in a development organization
• Previous experience in conceptualizing and designing learning into communication materials would be an added advantage.
• Proven knowledge and experience in documentation in both English and Nepali language
• Experience of writing donor and project reports
Desirable Criteria: (skills that could be an advantage in the role)
• Project management experience.
• Experience of working with volunteers.
• Able to travel in a rural area in country and internationally occasionally and spend time away from work- base location and home.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills – able to listen, analyse, present, consult, negotiate with confidence and obtain stakeholder engagement.
• Able to communicate complex issues effectively to wide range of audiences. Experience of remote and cross-cultural communication, demonstrating sensitivity to cultural and language differences.
• Able to demonstrate sound judgment and a solution focused approach, solving unstructured issues in unfamiliar settings.
• Information Technology – Good level of computer skills (Windows, Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook, and Internet).
Commitment to VSO’s mission, values, People First principles and core approaches (Social Inclusion and Gender, Social Accountability, and Resilience).
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Last date to apply: 4 October 2019
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information from https://www.vsointernational.org/about/careers/learning-and-communication-specialist-a0m3z00000d42baaar
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form
Source: Kantipur Dainik, 20 September 2019