Organization: United Mission to Nepal
United Mission to Nepal (UMN) is an international development organisation which aims to enable the poorest people living in poverty to transform their lives, leading towards fullness of life. Okhaldhunga Community Hospital (OCH) has been serving the community since it was established as a small clinic in 1962 and its public health work has been running for more than 20 years.
Position: Internal Auditor (OCH Grade 9)
Location: Okhaldhunga Community Hospital, Okhaldhunga
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies (BBS)
• Holder of Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance is of an added
• Minimum of five years of work experience in I/NGO with auditing experience, good facilitation, interpersonal, writing, presentation and computer skills
• Excellent language and communication skills in both Nepali and English
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviewing financial records and internal control systems in line with OCH objectives and other statutory requirements
• Drawing up an annual audit plan and programme for the audit work
• Conducting regular audits of all OCH departments and ensure compliance to approved
• OCH Financial and HR policies and accounting procedures
• Ensuring that the assets of OCH are adequately controlled, safeguarded and insured
• Carrying out checking of the cash/bank and pharmacy stores of OCH
• Reviewing the procurement processes and recommend for a robust system
• Supervising and coordinating the periodic stock taking exercise of pharmacy stores and verification of all fixed assets
• Liaising with External Auditors and making follow-ups on auditors’ observations and recommendations on the audited accounts
• Investigating any fraud or misappropriations of OCH assets
Salaries and benefits will be according to OCH HR policy.
Last date to apply: 17 December 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested individuals who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply for this position.
The Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded from our website: www.umn.org.np/vacancy Completed application forms should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 pm on Tuesday 17 December 2019.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process. We especially encourage the applications from women and marginalised groups