Organization: NLR Nepal
NLR is an international non-profit, non-religious and non-governmental organisation, established in 1967 in the Netherlands and providing technical and financial support to leprosy and disability programmes in seven countries including Nepal.
NLR in Nepal, works closely with the government and non-government stakeholders and partners to eradicate leprosy from the country and to make all development initiatives inclusive to people affected by leprosy and disability. NLR Nepal consists of 18 staff members and located at Sankhamul Marga, New Banewhwor Kathmandu with its field offices in Biratnagar and Dhangadhi covering province one and Sudur Pashchim Pradesh.
NLR raises funds, for its projects, from bi-lateral and multilateral institutional donors and local funding agencies. To further increase successful institutional fundraising NLR is looking for a competent, dynamic and self-driven Institutional Fundraising Officer (IFO).
Position: Institutional Fundraising Officer
Responsible to: Country Director
Role and Responsibilities:
• Conceptualize and develop institutional and local fundraising strategy for NLR Nepal
• Network, collaborate and build professional relationships with Government Institutions, donor agencies, I/NGOs and corporate sector nationally and internationally to explore partnership and funding possibilities
• Map out stakeholders engaged in Nepal with diversified funding base approach
• Map out the potential partners and donors for NLR in different thematic areas that match with NLR’s values and principles
• Map out the possible funding streams in Nepal (institutional, government and corporates)
• Develop quality concept notes, tailored funding proposals, liaising with the program and finance department to develop detailed project proposals & budgets.
• Manage application process
• To promote the work of NLR through presentations, the writing of PR materials, press releases, advertisements and media campaigns
• Ensure that NLR is visible in relevant working groups and motivate staff to attend
• Ensure that project-based donor reports are of high quality and fulfil donor requirements
• Review grant agreements, including initial review to ensure donor compliance
• Communication with donors and ensure timely request for adjustments to donor contracts when necessary
• Master degree from recognized and reputed university
• At least three years of institutional fundraising experience in an I/NGO environment
• Effective proposal/professional writing skills
• Verifiable and successful institutional fundraising, grant management, and donor liaison/reporting track record
• Excellent communication, networking and liaison skills
• Ability to work in a team spirit and sometimes independently meeting the deadlines
• Experience in corporate fund raising
• Well organized, communicative and excellent interpersonal working attitude
• Keen to take initiative and collaborate in a team
• Excellent knowledge and skill of IT including MS office application software especially in MS Excel
• Fluent in English
Terms and conditions
• Salary & conditions: Competitive, matched within the NLR Nepal grading system
Note: People affected by leprosy, people with disability and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Last date to apply: 5 February 2020
The applicant can apply online with latest resume with a covering letter which explains her/his track record in institutional fund raising and other fund raising skills and motivation that makes the candidate eligible for this post, in strict confidence, within the deadline mentioned in the advertisement.