Organization: VSO Nepal
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Position: Information Technology Officer
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
To help provide support to users across VSO’s footprint and to provide training and guidance to users to help IT make a difference in our work.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• At least bachelor degree in IT or related field
• At least 2 year relevant experience with adequate knowledge in the development and management of databases, administration and global communication systems and an awareness of new technology that may improve delivery
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications and ability to develop and manage systems and software applications for use as management tools
Desirable Knowledge of:
• Service management system eg. Remedy-force
• Windows operating systems incl. Windows 10 and 7 and Office packages including 2013
• Active Directory administration
• Hardware/ Audio/video/ Anti-virus Information Security technical support
• Apple Hardware support
People Management: Ability to support others
Inter-cultural competency: Ability to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds with commitment to diversity. Ability to build partnerships and relationships in a multi-cultural environment with demonstrable commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
Communication Skills: Excellent communications in English and local languages and ability to interact effectively with international and national staff.
Organization and Problem Solving
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities in a complex and fast changing environment, work on own initiative and problem solving with solution focus. Ability to carry multi-task and analyze information into action to conduct program activities timely
• Flexibility to adapt to new situations, with a positive attitude to working in an international organization. Able to travel occasionally and spend time away from base and home.
Reporting: Show attentiveness to work, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
Travel requirement: Able to travel in a rural area in- country and internationally occasionally and spend time away from work- base location and home.
Commitment to VSO’s mission, values, People First principles and core approaches (Social Inclusion and Gender, Social Accountability, and Resilience).
VSO has zero tolerance on abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
• Experience working with international NGO
• Experience of working with volunteers
Equal Opportunities: VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Last date to apply: 8 June 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Source: Kantipur Dainik, 31 May 2019