Organization: THE ASIA FOUNDATION NEPAL
Position: General Services Assistant
UNIT: Nepal office
REPORTS TO: Administration Manager
1. SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Administration Manager, the General Services Assistant is responsible for general office administration/operations and IT support.
• Frequent contact with the Administrative Officer and Administration Manager, IT Solutions & Support Engineer, and all other Foundation staff on administrative matters.
• Contact with vendors and service providers to the Foundation; ministries on visa, custom clearance and program logistics; contact with grantees.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
• At least two years of experience in office administration and general services (preferably with an international organization).
• Willingness, enthusiasm and flexibility to provide services.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook a must.
• Good communication skills in English and Nepali.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• IT knowledge on data processing, computer operations training or experience in a multi-operations system is required.
• Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
4. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure TAF vehicles are well maintained and serviced periodically. Maintain record of all TAF vehicles, timely renewal of blue books of all vehicles and office motorbikes
• Review vehicle log books and verify them periodically
• Ensure sufficient fuel stock for vehicles and generators especially during times of fuel shortages
• Assist in renting of vehicles for TAF staff and guests as and when required.
• Assist in preparing drivers and support staff’s times sheets and overtime report
• Assist in preparation of duty roster for guards and drivers
• Keep inventory of drivers’ and guards’ uniforms
• Assist in the upkeep of office repairs and maintenance
• Monitor all service providers such as office cleaners, electricians, and plumbers.
• Ensure cleanliness of office and its compound at all times
• Assist in maintaining and updating inventory (office, warehouse, residence(s), grantees).
• Conduct physical verification periodically.
• Assist in arranging shipment and clearance of expatriate personal effects, the Foundation and grantee’s equipment, and book container for Books for Asia program
• Assist in obtaining visas for expatriates, consultants, grantees and local staff for official travel.
• Assist in office procurements. Ensure full understanding of the Foundation’s procurement policy.
• Prepare payment vouchers. Ensure full supporting documentations along with the payment vouchers.
• Handle petty cash and maintain relevant records.
• Any other tasks assigned by Administration Manager and senior management
• Assume responsibility for maintenance & repair of office computers, copy machines, scanners, and multi-media projectors
• Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners.
• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
• Provide basic troubleshooting. Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests.
• Provide IT support for TAF meetings and workshops
• Report IT issues to GIS Support Engineer where necessary
• Maintain the inventory for equipment and users
• Assist in purchase requisition for all IT hardware and software
Last date to apply: 17 February 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are requested to real through the position description upload at http://22.214.171.124:8080/ and email their CV along with a cover letter describing suitability for the position by 17 February 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
referencing “General Services Assistant” in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Telephone calls will not be entertained.
Source: Kantipur Dainik, February 2019