Felm is an internationally active organization established in 1859 and one of the largest Finnish civil society organizations working in global development. Felm’s work aims to promote human dignity and justice around the world. Felm currently works in 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Felm strives for positive and permanent change in developing countries, aiming to help build a world where everyone’s voice is heard, through the realization of human rights. Felm has been working in Nepal since 1977, affiliated as INGO with the SWC as Felm-Nepal 2009.
Position: Finance Officer/Manager
Felm-Nepal invites applications from qualified, motivated, and reliable Nepali citizens for the position of Finance Officer for a project funded by the EU through the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) in Sudur Paschim province.
The duty station will be the Felm-Nepal office in Lalitpur, however the finance officer is required to conduct regular monitoring visits to Dhangadhi and project working municipalities.
The project aims at strengthening collective voices of freed Haliya communities, women and Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) and their networks in defending the rights of these groups to enjoy their economic, social and cultural rights (ESCR); and ensuring meaningful participation and representation of group members in decision making.
Required Qualification and Skills:
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in accountancy, business administration, finance, economics or relevant field
• Strong competency in budgeting, accounting, procurement, internal control and financial reporting
• Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting/audit/ business control/financial reporting.
• Previous experience in EU funded projects is required
• Experience in using Money Works, Microsoft Office, and strong Excel skills
• Ability to learn quickly and be highly motivated, and able to take independent responsibility for the work without constant supervision
• Ability to work well with, motivate, and impart knowledge to co-workers and ensure timely completion of work by external partners is crucial
• Excellent command of English is mandatory
• Willingness and physical ability to travel in remote project areas
• The finance officer will be responsible for finance administration in collaboration with the project’s team leader and Felm Regional Manager
• S/he will have the main responsibility for managing fund receipts and payments in Nepal, both in Kathmandu and in project site
• The work entails cooperation with and financial monitoring and support of consortium partners, ensuring that partners conform to project rules
• Success in the job will require accurate work with numbers
• S/he will need to take the initiative in getting reports from consortium partners and compiling and submitting information on time
• S/he will have the main responsibility of finance reporting to Felm Regional and HQ Managers, including offering support in all audit processes
Salary Benefits and Conditions: As per Felm-Nepal policies. The part-time post (80%) is for a fixed term of three years with 1-year contract, renewable for a further 2 years. The post is conditional on the approval of the Project Agreement by the Government of Nepal.
Last date to apply: 7th April 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates meeting the requirements are requested to submit their application with CV, salary expectation and contact information of two references
Applications from women, Dalit or ethnic minority group members and people with disability are encouraged. Enquiries through telephone calls will not be entertained.
Submission of applications and required documents no later than 7th April 2020 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be considered before the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview only after the situation in Nepal allows the interviews.