Organization: ActionAid International
ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency formed in 1972. We are a partnership between people in poor and rich countries working together to end poverty and injustice. Today we are working with over 15 million of the world’s poorest and excluded people in over 45 countries worldwide to secure their rights to a life free of poverty and injustice, and with the support of half a million donors and supporters.
Position: Finance and Administration Manager
Effective Date: May 2019
Department: Finance and Administration
Job Family: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Executive Director
Grade: Seven (7)
Location: Country Office, Kathmandu
Direct Reports: Finance Coordinator; Procurement and Administration Officer
Finance and Administration Manager is a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) at ActionAid International Nepal (AAIN), who will lead the financial and administration management towards achieving the organisational vision of a just and equitable society in Nepal and beyond, where every person enjoys the right to a life of dignity and freedom from poverty and inequality.
This position is overall accountable and responsible for finance management, cash flow management, statutory requirement controls, admin, procurement/logistics management, asset inventory management and office maintenance/insurance.
Education & Certifications:
• An MBA or a Master’s degree in Finance or its equivalent from a recognised university
• Accounting or Financial Management Qualification such as ACCA, CA are preferable
• At least 5-7 years of work experience in related field in the similar organization; experience working in a senior management role is preferable
• Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
• Experience in developing Financial and Admin management systems, policies and procedures is preferable
• Experience of people/team management
• Experience of working in an international organisation in donor-funded projects
• Experience of allocating, managing, approving and monitoring departmental budget is preferable
• Thorough understanding of the development and human right issues in the country
• Sound knowledge in the political, social, economic and historic environment in which ActionAid’s poverty alleviation programmes are operating
• Understanding of the project cycle management and role/significance of finance and administration in the cycle
• Good understanding of financial best practices in non-profit organisations
• Excellent communication skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking) in both English and Nepali
• Excellent people/interpersonal skills including listening, communication, coordination, collaboration and influencing
• Proven leadership and self/people management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work under reasonable pressure, deadlines, and multiple strategic and operational priorities
• Expert in analysing data and translating them into easily understandable user-friendly information
• Skilled at solving problems using innovative approach
This Job Description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
It is part of every staff member’s responsibility to contribute to AAIN’s mission and comply to AAIN’s values, which are: Mutual respect, Equity and justice, Integrity, Solidarity with the people living in poverty and exclusion, Courage of conviction, Independence, Humility.
Last date to apply: 16 August 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Source: Kantipur Dainik, 2 August 2019